bogner cabs

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I dun think so..

I have had Mojo cabs, I have a Bogner cab. To my questionable ears, there is no comparison. Woody thunk and resonance. I only own vintage Hiwatt and Marshall cabs and this Bogner...

Wizard of Ozz

Gold Supporting Member
No... they are made by a company in CA that also makes cabs for Suhr, Soldano and VHT (Fryette).

MGSchindel

I dun think so..

I have had Mojo cabs, I have a Bogner cab. To my questionable ears, there is no comparison. Woody thunk and resonance. I only own vintage Hiwatt and Marshall cabs and this Bogner...

Yep, no comparison. micheal.e is dead nuts on. Nope, not made by the same workshop. Boggies are made in CA. IMHO bogner cab shell > mojo cab shell > avatar cab shell.

Sold the mojos kept the bogners. Big woody beefy sound. Powerful lows, smooth highs. Also not the same build, tolex, dimensions, casters, handles, etc etc.

Here's a virgin Bogner 4x12 shell I ordered "unloaded" and undrilled, before I loaded in my speakers of choice and finished the drilling, soldering, and back baffle mounting. In the second pic, it is the slightly larger cab on the left w/o caster cups. Unlike my mojos, the Bogner tolex, speaker grille cloth mounting, etc etc are immaculately executed. Bogners (4x12s, 2x12 and my 1x12 cube) also contain polyfill affixed to back baffle to damp standing waves internally, nor is the back baffle screwed to the center post. Lots of killer low rumbly resonance that is not too "loose." They sound massive cranked up, you can hear and FEEL the cab's tonal distinctions from the mojo. Anyone that tells you differently hasn't owned both cabs simultaneously and/or compared them directly with the same speakers and at high volume with various high quality tube amps. Of course YMMV blah blah ; )

Last edited:

nest

I'm glad I saw this thread. I have a question, I'm just about to get a Marshall JCM 800 cab called 1960b it's from 1983 and has 4 8ohm G1265's and I hope to get some info on the quality from you guys and if there are thing to do to improve it like a center screw for the post or whatever.
Thanks

Trending Topics