Bogner Closed Back Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 8len8, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 8len8

8len8 Member

Anyone have the 1x12 Cube or 1x12 Closed Back Shiva? I'm interested in how they compare to each other or a closed back 2x12...

2. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

I only have the cube so I can't compare to the shiva or 2x12, but I will say that I think the cube is a really great sounding cab. It's great for recording. Stick a mic on it and the mic thinks it's a 4x12. Live, because it's obviously just a small 1x12 and depending on the type of music your playing, the size venues you work and your monitor situation, it may or not work for you live.

3. 8len8

8len8 Member

Does it sound compressed (not "open") like other 1x12s?

4. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

I do not have any experience with other closed back 1x12's, but to me, it does not sound at all compressed.

5. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

I own a Shiva closed back 112 cab. Phenomenal cab for gigging, and it records great, too.

It's crazy, because the back panel is inset about 2", making the depth of the cab VERY shallow, but because of the tuned ports, it still sounds very big.

Didn't love it with the CL80 speaker, but I have a nice 100W british sounding speaker in it now, and it rocks.

6. rdodson

rdodson Supporting Member

I love my Shiva 1x12. I have a Scumback M75 100w in it. Wonderful!

7. noserub

noserub Member

I have a 1x12 closed back with a 75w Silver Bell...sounds excellent, very big sound for such a small cab. I also have an open back 2x12 with 80's G12_80s that sounds amazing. However, it's big and heavy and I usually take my Bogner to small gigs and jam sessions.