Bogner Duende 15W - I unplugged the reverb... is that okay?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by soundchemistry, Sep 14, 2008.

1. soundchemistry

soundchemistry Member

So I got the Duende to add to my collection. What a fantastic amp for SO many applications. Wish it had a little more volume on tap but really killer tones for small/medium sized clubs and studio.

But, the reverb is always audible no matter how low you set it...

SO, I unplugged the reverb chamber inside the amp... I tried it out without it in the circuit. I dont really use reverb but its always nice to have the option. The amp seems fine. Plays fine; operates fine. The chamber just has a white and red plug that I just unplugged and it worked great.

BUT I just wanna check with you guys... is it gonna hurt it at all over time, or is it bad for the circuitry?

Thanks.

dk

2. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

I dunno about the Bogner specifically, but pulling the RCA jacks out of the sockets is pretty much something I do with any "verb" amp I may have. Sounds better period.

That said, I unplugged it from my older Tone King Continental and it did not sound as good, so I plugged it back in.

Go figger.

Emee

3. trevorus

trevorus Member

You have to be sure that the reverb is not being driven by a tube, because it if is, it could burn things up. If it's a solid-state driven, it shouldn't be a problem

4. rickwil61

rickwil61 Member

I had a Duende and unplugged it for the same reason. I emailed Bogner to ask if there was a way to deactivate the onboard reverb and they said I should just unplug the reverb tank. I don't guess there's any problem with doing this. If you have any concerns you may want to email Bogner to double-check but that's what they told me.

5. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

What could it burn it up? My Matchless Chieftain had a tube reverb.. It is a low/preamp level signal flow.

Who told you that?

Emee

6. soundchemistry

soundchemistry Member

It is tube reverb. I think its gonna be fine but I like it better without the reverb. I'm gonna email Bogner for sure so that I dont fry the amp. It really is a wonderful amp though man. Killer tones.

7. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

I don't recall if the reverbs typically use half the dual triode or both sides. If one tube is dedicated to the reverb I would think they would also have you pull that tube.