Bogner Duende users ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by fransoos, Aug 27, 2008.

1. fransoos

fransoos Member

Hi, reading most of the post's I wonder if there are Bogner Duende users on this forum. If you do please tell me why and if you don't either.

2. gtrs

gtrs Supporting Member

I've got one and it quickly became one of my favorite amps.
    Great reverb
    Just the right amount of "clean" headroom.
    Not an over the top OD channel, but a very useful range of gain.
    Lot's of harmonic content
    Tube Buffered Loop
    Low plate voltage which allows me to use NOS tubes and not burn them up quickly.
    The ability to blend the channels adds a lot of tonal options.
    The Trem is really, really nice.

I'm not sure why more people are not talking about them. My guess is the headroom. I've got a J Design 1x10/1x12 vertical cab on the way specifically for my Duende. I can't wait to fire THAT up! LOL

3. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

I have the first version 1x12 combo. I like it a lot. Sounds great with my trio. I really like the A+B channel option. I love the trem. I thought the amp lacked a little low end and swapped the G12H30 for an Austin Speaker Works ASW KTS60 speaker. THAT is a great match...makes it bigger sounding.

DS

4. fransoos

fransoos Member

Hi Ds,
    nice to hear that there are more users of the amp.
    I m suprised to that the swap makes that kind of differce;
    maybe you can post a sample, because I am missing some depth in the stock speaker.
    frans

5. gtrs

gtrs Supporting Member

I'm using a Weber Silver Bell in a Shiva 1x12 ext cab with mine for the moment. Lot's of low end.
    I've got a Weber 12F125A and 10F150 on the way for it. Should have lot's of low end AND chime with that setup.[​IMG]

6. soundchemistry

soundchemistry Member

I just bought one and I think the amp is a great tool. Its really wonderful for a large range of styles. Its a rocker at heart though.

Channel B is a Marshall voiced channel as we know but is very versatile. I really think this amp as kind of 5 amps in one. To be honest, channel B is phenomenal sounding but you need to play it loud to really get the character of the channel and amp at its best. At bedroom levels, sounds good but not as good at all as it is past 1 o'clock. I use it with the volume knob pulled out for a brighter, punchier, more rock sound. A tad more compressed as well but its really great.

Clean channel (Channel A) is great as well. I use it exclusively with both channels vol knobs pulled for a more in your face and articulate sound and feel. The clean channel sounds more like a fender blackface clean with a hint of vox in there with the vol knob pulled out.

Some people have said this amp is too dark. I can see that it is a bit darker than some amps but its tonally malleable. If you're a rock musician its a totally RAD amp; I could definately use it for pop, r&b and even jazz as well. Oh and by the way, its way louder than 15watts. Way louder.

7. justMe

justMe Member

I would say full instead of dark. I do some recording and mic'd with a SM57, it sounds great! It sounds great live, too.

8. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

I have the newer head and really like it. It is a very versatile and useable amp. If I start gigging again it will be with this amp.