Bogner Ecstasy 3534

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bxlxaxkxe, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Michael Andrew

Michael Andrew Member

if you ask me I’d say yes, it absolutely hits that JCM800 sound. I use to it cover Pearl Jam’s “Alive” and it sounds nearly identical. Pretty sure Mike used JCM800’s in his early days of Pearl Jam.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Shine likes this.
  2. Michael Andrew

Michael Andrew Member

I had the ATMA for nearly 4 years and it was my favorite amp until I got the XTC 25. I found out they were making an XTC 35 and just had to have it. I sold my ATMA after getting the 25.

The XTC can cover anything the ATMA can do while giving you more tonal options. If you like higher gain stuff the XTC is your amp. The blue channel on the 3534 is almost identical to the ATMA’s 80’s drive channel, and you can get heavier, brighter sounds using the presence knob on the XTC red channel.

El Mariachi likes this.
  3. Pat6969

Pat6969 Supporting Member

The 70's mode on the Atma is golden. Haven't found that tone again since I stupidly sold mine. Can the 3534 duplicate that tone?

4. Michael Andrew

Michael Andrew Member

I personally believe so, but everyone’s ears are different so just keep that in mind. The XTC is like a hot rodded ATMA IMHO. The blue channel should be able to cover 90% of what the ATMA does OD wise.

El Mariachi likes this.
  5. helrazr84

helrazr84 Member

This is kinda what I was wondering. I'm not buying this amp BUT since I already own and adore the ATMA, I'd be down for a higher watt version of it and it sounds like this would be a contender.

6. CHrisP86

CHrisP86 Member

I keep finding more and more tones in this amp!

Blue channel, gain at 9 o’clock, boost on is my current favourite.

Green channel with the gain dimed is also great. If the boost worked with the green channel, that would be a sweet tone.

The amp also really likes V30 speakers. Quite tempted to get a cube speaker cab to go with it.

Anyone have any experience of the Telos? Was wondering how that compares to the 3534.

draelyc and bxlxaxkxe like this.
  7. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

I had a Telos and dig it but I like this much more!!!!

draelyc and El Mariachi like this.
  8. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

Telos is much more old school. Fat, greasy JTM45 tones with the ability to do some gainier pseudo plexi tones and cleaner fendery tones. Totally different beast aimed at a different player.

El Mariachi likes this.
  9. CHrisP86

CHrisP86 Member

Thanks.

Sounds like the Telos would be a nice compliment to the 3534 though, as they cover slightly different ground.

bxlxaxkxe likes this.
  10. suparsonic

suparsonic Member

From the clips I don’t think so. I’ve owned an Atma (still have) and an XTC, they have different voicings. The XTC is darker, the Atma is more jangly.

Lution likes this.
  11. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

Definitely

12. marshall2553

marshall2553 Supporting Member

Is there going to be a matching 1x12 cab? It looks like the 3534 would hang over the sides of a cube by an inch or so.

13. Paolo161616

Paolo161616 Member

Hi everyone,

I got this little beast since Monday and played in a band situation yesterday.
    Great sound , but do you any extra noise when the loop is engaged ?

tried the 4 câbles method with the helix but on the channel 2/3 it was quite noisy.

do you have the same behavior ?

14. EL84 Abuser

EL84 Abuser Silver Supporting Member

Agree with what everyone posted. Although in hindsight, I much prefer a Friedman DSM to the Telos
    for old-school greasy Marshall. And I found 4 of the 6 positions to be pretty..... just ok.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  15. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Nope. Try two cables and a different effect and see what happens . also where do you set loop knob?

16. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

I took mine back because it had extra noise, loop or no loop. It seems the on I got wasn't right. Take to El Mariachi who was helping me all along and I could not hear his with the volume all the way up while the one I had he could hear it over the phone.

Great little best but to me, no match for the 101B I own.
    I am just waiting for my boss today to find out if I am moving and/or when. I really don't want to part with my XTC, damn!

17. Paolo161616

Paolo161616 Member

Actually with the loop inactive I don’t have any noise. I activate the loop with nothing in the loop, there are some noise in the background...

18. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Supporting Member

I'm not getting any noise with the loop on. Make sure you have it opened up to around 3 o'clock or so. According to the manual, if you have the loop volume too low... I creates a lo-fi tone and some possible noise. Although, I'm not experiencing any noise in either case.

macmax77 likes this.
  19. El Mariachi

El Mariachi Supporting Member

There is an oversized 1x12 coming. (See attached photo)
    It's ported like the Cube. It sounds like the Creamback may be the stock speaker to go in it. But that's still TBD.
    I've been setting it on top of my Friedman 1x12 and it sits perfectly. I think it hangs 1/8" over the side.
    [​IMG]

lpaul626, Drew W, draelyc and 3 others like this.
  20. Mike Lenning

Mike Lenning Silver Supporting Member

Man, that is just a classy looking rig. I personally love the tolex they use now, I know some don't dig it though.

El Mariachi likes this.