Bogner Ecstasy 3534

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bxlxaxkxe, Nov 14, 2019.

1. dancareaga

dancareaga Member

Thank you for this clarity!
    I’ve been looking for a copy of the manual just to see which does what, so I really appreciate this information.
    Sound Sculpture makes a box that has MIDI to two TRS jacks that looks like it would be a perfect solution. So that may be the way I go.
    Unfortunately the Helix only has on jack that can do TRS switching. I would need two.

-DC

jgraham likes this.
  2. Variable

Variable Member

I never played the original, but my understanding is that the differences and similarities are:
    • The 68 and 81 modes are the same as the original GF. The 77 mode is new and is GREAT, more like a metal panel Plexi kind of sound with a bit of Blue Channel mixed in to my ears. Great for tighter hard rock tones. It's very open and clear sounding gain.
    • The wacky FX loops from the original were changed over in favor of a footswitchable, adjustable tube boost gain stage for the Omega channel, and a footswitchable volume boost for the Alpha channel. This is super cool since it's basically like adding an additional channel, and can take any of the three gain modes over the top. You can adjust both the volume and the gain for the Omega channel and the volume for the Alpha channel. There is also a "fat / tight" switch for the Omega channel's boost. There is still a very flexible, footswitchable FX loop.
    Hope that helps.

3. CHrisP86

CHrisP86 Member

Thanks!

I’m picking up an original GF45 tomorrow evening as a used one popped up. SL additional functions sound great but not a deal breaker for me.

4. steam boat

steam boat Member

You owned a Helios 50 before, right? How do you like the eclipse compared to the Helios?

I bought a H50 a year and I’m happy with the majority of the sounds but sometimes I want a higher gain/liquid like lead, which the Helios doesn’t do.

5. Killcrop

Killcrop Member

Same here. I am running a Collider through the loop, which I have never really done before. All those flavors of gain are really gratifying. Super fun amp to play. The only thing I would change is I prefer a standard black tolex. Don't care for the comet look.

6. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Yes I have owned all three of the Helios amps and like the 100 best. The 50 is more compressed and had a feel more like a Friedman that the Helios 100. The 50 is smoother and has slightly more gain than the 100. The Eclipse was cool but i like the regular 100 better.

The 3534 is way more useful to me than the 50, Yes there is more gain on tap and a lot more tonal options as well as footswitchable options. I think the 50 does a great modded Marshall thing that is damn cool too. I think the 3534 can get close but do way more.

steam boat likes this.
  7. steam boat

steam boat Member

It sounds like it’s a killer amp!

How would you describe the feel? Personally, I like the slightly spongier feel of the H50 compared to something stiffer.

8. Ken

Ken Silver Supporting Member

Could anyone suggest a few OD Pedals that work well with the 3534 for a little variety?

9. Steve Snider

10. Steve Snider

Feels like butter. Just so naturally fun and easy to play. Plenty of sponge and variety!!

Motorboy1 and steam boat like this.
  11. green72

green72 Supporting Member

Anybody play this through a 2x12 oversized cab?

12. Steve Snider

Sure. Works good. Mine has v30s and if I were using it for my main cab with the amp I might swap out a v30 with a greenback.

13. jgraham

jgraham Member

Glad that helps. I'd suggest taking a look at the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher before you buy. I went that route for a few reasons and I'm happy with it.

dancareaga likes this.
  14. dancareaga

dancareaga Member

That seems to be the solution working for most, so I will probably go that way as well.
    Now I just need to find a 3534!
    MY PT-100 is down for the foreseeable future and I am gonna need something pretty quick!
    I am seeing September before they are available again?
    ouch!
    -DC

15. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

Our for delivery. Should be a fun day.

Killcrop, jgraham and marshall2553 like this.
  16. jgraham

jgraham Member

2020 Bogner Ecstasy Head 3534 Ivory Tolex w/ Black & Gold
    https://reverb.com/item/34819033-20...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=34819033

17. Motorboy1

Motorboy1 Member

I sometimes use my SD1 and an OD 808 to really make the amp tight and liquid leads, doesn't need it though. With the excursion and the pre EQ switches even more possibilities. I am agreeing with everything Steve S is saying. Just a super fun amp to play and all kind of sounds from it. Still loving mine after a month and that's sayin' something.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  18. Killcrop

Killcrop Member

With all the various gain settings and boost options, I don't see why you would need an OD pedal. Maybe on the clean side? Never bothered to try.

NamaEnsou likes this.
  19. Motorboy1

Motorboy1 Member

Just to change it up sometimes for fun. Doesn’t need it though.

20. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

I plan on using drives into the clean channel too. Sometimes I just like drives into a clean because they are offer a different vibe than a true gainier channel on an amp. Then I’ll have the other two channels and let them do what they do best.

Ken likes this.