Bogner Ecstasy 3534

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bxlxaxkxe, Nov 14, 2019.

1. jamme61

jamme61 Silver Supporting Member

I have no loop hum - I thought there was a person on here but it was his pedal or power supply -it might no be an issue? One major positive thing for me is, the size and weight of the 3534 - perfect (EL34's too) - I like this amp a lot better then the 101b (which I've had most of them) 3534 is IMHO better low volume- better clean sound (clean can crunch too) better openness to the blue and red channels - again all IMHO

NamaEnsou and Steve Snider like this.
  2. Incufan7

Incufan7 Member

Maybe I wouldn't notice it then? The Axe is noisy in my guitar room because of all the computers, so I imagine the hissing noise might be lost in the other stuff. I just worry about recording (I'd put the amp in a closet so the comps don't mess with it). I thought it was some type of persistent hum or something. I had a Laney VC30 years ago that had something like that and it drove me nuts.

Not having midi is a huge bummer though. Throwing a voodoo switcher in the mix adds yet another point of failure, ohh and I cant leave it behind either!!!

The size should also be a Pro for the Bogner. I absolutely love the galaxy tolex on it as well. Mojotone makes a vertical 2x12 that you can get with that tolex and it would look great with the head.

jamme61 likes this.
  3. Ken

Ken Silver Supporting Member

I was the one who thought I had a loop hum, but it was just one reverb pedal causing the issue. I called Bogner and they cleared up the issue...Very simply, you just have to use the effects loop volume to dial out that noise. I turned it down to 9am and turned up the front volumes per Bogner and I was good to go :)

Also, since then I have gotten a Strymon Timeline and it works perfectly into the loop! I now run the effects loop master at noon and its clear.

And about that noise on channels 2 & 3 from another poster, I never heard it, so I cranked the volumes up to ear bleed levels and I heard the noise, but myself, I could never play anywhere near that loud without going completely deaf. To hear it on my amp it has to get that loud. But I'm a baby boomer, so...lol.

jamme61 likes this.
  4. Incufan7

Incufan7 Member

That is very good to hear.

I assume the line out is Pre-Power amp? So if I want the power amp's coloring to make it front of house I am likely going to have to use something like the RL-IR, or Torpedo Capture X correct?

I guess another question, for those that have used the fractal models, is the 3534 closer to the base, or modern voicing? If its the base voicing (vintage I guess) then would using V30s get me closer to the modern sound rather than the oft recommended green/creambacks?

5. Econ

Econ Member

Also interested in knowing which speakers would go best with this amp.

6. Incufan7

Incufan7 Member

Having read through a bunch of this thread it seems most say greenback/creambacks. I kinda want to get either a mojotone , or a mesa boogie vertical 2x12 and both of those come we with v30s. I actually haven't found a slant v 2x12 with green/cream.

Guess I could wire my own speakers but I'm terrified of doing it wrong and blowing up the amp. Outside of changing tubes and working on my guitars I don't tend to diy stuffs.

7. jamme61

jamme61 Silver Supporting Member

8. kmanick

kmanick Supporting Member

I've actually been entertaining the Mojotone vertical 2X12 myself. you can get them empty and they will include the harness for you which is clip on, it's easy peasy. just remember if you want the cab to run at 8 ohms get 2 16ohm speakers and wire from input to left speaker and then left speaker to right. It's very simple.
    here's a whole thread on it here with pictures and everything https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/2x12-parallel-wiring-question.1750804/

jamme61 likes this.
  9. Killcrop

Killcrop Member

Even if you aren't familiar with Soldering, you can but pre-wired speaker harnesses. It's not hard to do at all.

10. NamaEnsou

NamaEnsou Supporting Member

Hmmm, with the bolded parts you've absolutely got my interest sparked.

jamme61 likes this.
  11. jgraham

jgraham Member

This is the inherent "hiss" that I posted a short vid on earlier in this thread? Hmm. Going to give this a try - I've been using it with the channel volumes around 1 o'clock and the return level (as master volume) around 11-1 o'clock as needed. Sounds like I need to be using the channel volumes closer to 5 0'clock and adjust the return level down.

Ken and jamme61 like this.
  12. Ken

Ken Silver Supporting Member

Let us know how that works.

jamme61 likes this.