Bogner Ecstasy at 1/2 price...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by seventn, Oct 25, 2007.

1. tijean699

tijean699 Member

well i dont have a place to host any clips,,plus i dont have any good equipment to record them,,but yea it does sound better than the xtc i add it also sounds better than my old cea od100se,,also sounds better than my old soldano decatone,better than my splawn pro mod, better than my vht nothing i have played so far sounds better to me..

:RoCkIn

2. tijean699

tijean699 Member

id say the bogner is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over rated good amp but there are better for the price its not worth it..
    been there done that not going back.....

3. seventn

seventn Member

Thanks a lot man!!!! Now I've got total gas for an Egnater but I can't get it here!!!

Plus, turns out it costs even more than the Ecstasy cause I'll have to get 2 with all those great modules...

Egnater better than a Rivera Fandango?

4. CudBucket

CudBucket Member

I disagree. The V3 is a fizzy harsh amp. Not dark or smooth at all.

5. kurtsstuff

kurtsstuff Member

Sorry but....threads like these remind me of a dog chasing it's own tail
    :NUTS:BEER

6. JP

JP Guitarist of Mojo Radio Supporting Member

My 2cents, I purchased a used 101B for $2400 shipped, played it for 3.5 years and sold it for $2400 The 101B is a great amp and inless the amp was abused, it will bring you years of enjoyment.

Do yourself a favor and buy the Bogner if it is what you want. .

7. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

I think the JVM is good contender and used 1100-1300 range.

8. Lution

Lution Supporting Member

Try some US dealers for used XTCs. I'm sure they or even private sellers wouldn't have a problem at all shipping to Canada as long as you pay the shipping fees.

http://www.bogneramplification.com/DealersInfo.htm

9. seventn

seventn Member

For dirt they JVM would be pretty good but for clean...not great. Funny thing is, I wouldn't mind spending 2500 on a Bogner or other good built quality amp but I find Marshalls cheaply made.

10. SvenHock

SvenHock Member

I'll add something else here. The Ecstasy may not be the "be all end all" of amps out there but for me, the versatility (and of course the tone) won me over. I have plenty of Marshalls and most all of them can hold their ground with the Bogners distortion BUT, they are not as versatile and thats what I need. There are so many different sounds you can coax out of the Ecstasy and you only need to use the footswitch, volume knob on your guitar and some pedals to add flavor and spice up your sound.

I've used Marshalls for years and probably always will but playing in a cover band and to rise above most cover bands (even if your not the most talented players) you want to stick to the tunes your covering as close as possible and play them tightly. The Ecstasy helps me do that and that amp will cover ALL bases and cover them well. Bottom line, grab the Ecstasy (used) and IF you do not like it, you'll get your money back unlike most amps out there.

11. Roodboy

Roodboy Member

The V30 speakers sounded a TON better than the G12T75's with that amp.

12. Roodboy

Roodboy Member

I agree. The JVM can cop simlar tones and is a great value.

13. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

I have heard the JVM.. I can say it is a mighty fine amp. On par with the XTC. I have heard some GREAT tones out of the XTC but I have a hard time dialing them in. When I play Stu's XTC @ fatsound I never can get it sounding like it does when he tweeks it for me.. definet learning curve with those. The JVM dials in pretty easy but has alot of switching features that may scare off some folks... If you want just the straight blue channel I thought the Roccaforte custom 80 did the bogner blue one up to my ears.

14. RyanPitch

RyanPitch Member

I was at the Amp Show in L.A. last month and they Egnater guy demoed a new line they have called the Tourmaster. It is probably what you're looking for if you want to buy new. It comes in a combo. It sounded rad. I've owned the XTC 101B, currently play through a Carvin X100b (although you've got to have the gain pegged to get it to compete with an XTC), have also demoed Soldano Decatones and Rivera Knucklehead reverbs that sound like they're in "the ballpark."

Check out the Egnater. The guy who represented them (it wasn't Bruce, but the other owner) said they were going to be sold in Guitar Center (?@#$) later this (or next) year. He gave me a price, and it was much much lower than I expected for such a good-sounding amp. It sounded REALLY good, but had TOO much functionality for me (read: heavy amp), 4 channels, etc.

15. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

+1

There%

16. NatDeroxL7

NatDeroxL7 Member

Let me explain.

I had $14,000 to spend on gear due to some good fortune. I really, REALLY wanted a new acoustic, Modern Eagle, '59 RI Cloud 9, and a Bogner XTC. I told myself "that sounds like too much, my spending limit is...$8k", which was a totally arbitrary number I made in my head. I got a Peavey JSX 212 combo, New acoustic, PRS CU 24, and a used Gibson LP Supreme. Cost me 8.4k in the end. I was very very happy for about 3 months. Then the things about the amp that weren't as good as the XTC started to get to me. The color/finish/tone on my PRS really wasn't doing it for me. The LP had some playability issues. So, I went out, got full tonepros, WCRs, RS kit, and a full setup with fret dress on my LP...ended up about another $750. Right now, besides the common weakness in the gibson G string, I actually am very happy with my LP...so, maybe it was a good purchase. I went and traded my PRS for a CU 22, which had a much better color and nicer top, so I had to add about $500 cash. However, it had a stoptail and not a tremolo, and I really wanted a rosewood neck, which it didn't have. Then I went and sold my JSX, best I could get for it was $750 after shipping costs, and I bought a XTC halfstack used for 3450, plus the cost of gas for 8 hours driving. So here I am a year later, sitting on one guitar I can honestly say I like, an acoustic that I like because I don't play acoustic much, another electric that I'm lukewarm about, and an amp that I really like. All the meanwhile that money has whittled itself away on various little things, a verbzilla, voodoo pedal power 2, cables for it all, and I have $600 left.

Moral of the story....I have less than 10k worth of gear that cost me almost 14k, all because I started out settling for less than what I really wanted. Wasted money, like taking a really nice guitar, or amp, and smashing it with a hammer and setting it on fire......

My advice, just take some time to play around and find out what gear is your real favorite, get your dream rig using the wisest choices of new/used, and spend the next few years paying it off happily.

17. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

18. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

The Egnater Mod 50 with the T/D and SL2 modules. I have had the Ecstacy and currently own the Egnmater which is the best Amp I have ever had ( sorry Reinhold, you build fantastic amps and I have owned 4 of them...you are my second favorite builder and designer) but Bruce designed the most versatile amp on the planet without sacrificing tone.

The T/D module gives the glassy clean tones from a Blackface Twin on channel 1 and a Blackface Deluxe cranked on channel 2 for mild breakup...i.e. blues solos. The SL2 sounds like the blue and red channels with the hotrodded nature of the voicing, coupled with the note compression that is characteristic in the Ecstacy.

Also, the reverb unit is pretty darn good in the amp as a must have option, unless you like using rack mount effects ( I don't ) I just use high quality true bypass pedals in front of the amp, and plan on modding my MXR Phase 90 and Vox wah for true bypass, and to add a more heavy duty button on the wah because of my lead foot breaking more Vox wah's that I care to remember.

The Mod 50 is mky alltime favorite gigging amp.

:dude

19. CNOTE

CNOTE Member

:dude
    :crazy

20. Shawn Lutz

Shawn Lutz Member

just grab a used one, be patient and find someone who will ship to .ca

if you really want an Ecstasy nothing else will satisfy you until you actually get one :) $2400USD range for a used 101B