Bogner Fish production variations and revisions got info but need more!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by EXPcustom, Dec 27, 2009.

1. EXPcustom

EXPcustom Member

Own a orignal Bogner Fish? Well step inside I am trying to compile a list of production variations and revisions on the initial run.

I have been looking all over the net to compile information on the original Bogner Fish here is what I have so far and it may or may not be correct. If you own a original Fish please post pics or any history you may know.

Here is what I have so far and if any of this is wrong please tell me and I will correct it:

First production variation: was the chassis length was very short on the intial Fish preamps which lead to issues with heat so a longer chassis was used. Some time around the first 15 made.

Power switch: went from a metal toggle switch to green push button switch. Also some time around the first 15 was made.

Shark Channel Gain mod or "Cantrell" mod was done by Bogner after production where the bright switch was replaced with knob, during later production this mod became standard on the Fish after the first 150 or so units were made.

Dan Spitz mod, I know he had a mod on his Fish but I have no idea what it was, need info.

Chris Poland mod, need more info on this, I know his orignal Fish was up recently on the LA area Craig's list.

Black knobs or White knobs, just curious what numbers had white knobs? All the ones I have seen had black knobs.

Any units with a Export transformer or made for Euro electricity?

Will upload pics shortly to show some of these variations that I have lifted off the net or from my own collection.

This pic is from Jerry Cantrell's rack and shows 2 Fish preamps one with a early metal toggle switch and one with the green button, both have the Shark channel mod. Notice the mystery black switch on the right side under the Fish logo:
    [​IMG]

Front shot of a later production Fish #136 with Shark Cannel or "Cantrell mod"
    [​IMG]
    Gut shot of a later production Fish #136 with Shark Channel mod:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. sweetrock

sweetrock Member

Serial No:172

[​IMG]

Hakan :drink

3. EXPcustom

EXPcustom Member

Thanks for that pic, anyone got a short chassis pic?

4. EXPcustom

EXPcustom Member

Found a pic and more info in the other thread. I guess there was three Black face plate fish preamps and a chrome unit. If anyone has more info please share.

Shot of short chassis Fish:
    [​IMG]