Sold Bogner modded Marshall JCM 800 2x12 (Rare)

EXP

Supporting Member
Rare 1984-85 Marshall JCM 800 4103 model 100 watts (2203 combo version) modded by Bogner Amps. One of three “Snorkler” mod by Reinhold Bogner modified in early 1990’s (as used by Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains on the “Facelift” album). Sounds killer. These early Bogner modded Marshalls are getting harder to find and this one is in great shape. The amp was checked out last year by Gerald Weber of Kendrick Amplifiers. The original 6550’s were changed to JJ EL-34L’s and the filter caps were replaced with F&T’s. A high quality FX loop was added by Bob Bradshaw at Custom Audio Electronics (CAE) in Los Angeles, CA. The speakers have been changed to Scumback H75/H55 XHP 100 watts. Full disclosure: Needs new power tubes (one of the JJ’s crapped out recently) and this is why I won’t use current production tubes because of higher failure rate YMMV. Also the treble and bass pot started acting funky recently. Should be a cheap fix but I wanted to be upfront about any issues. This amp needs to be played so my loss is your gain. Chassis pics available upon request for serious inquiries. Price firm. No trades. Local pickup in Texas preferred but will ship at buyers expense.

$1899 + shipping and PP

Last edited:

EXP

Supporting Member
Would trade for a Blackface Super Reverb (1964-1967) or ‘68 AB763 Blackline Drip Edge or Twin Reverb. I want a loud clean Fender.:)

EXP

Supporting Member
Just to clarify the amp works fine - I fired it up over the holidays and it sounded great. Although one of the JJ EL-34L’s failed the two outer tubes were pulled to run at 50 watts (switched to 8 ohms). I’m assuming based on the amount of interest I’ve received on the amp that nobody has pulled the trigger yet because of the shipping cost? If you cover PP fees I will split shipping in the lower 48.:)

The Bogner will be extremely well packed (I have a Mesa/Boogie box and packaging for the chassis) with a roll of bubble wrap and cardboard (no peanuts) to assure safe transit/arrival.

Trending Topics