Bogner red & blue footswitch problems?

Rysiu

I'm on my 2nd Bogner Blue and both pedals have had this issue. It doesn't matter if it's a strong or light press - same result: doesn't always latch.

What I heard through the grape vine (haven't tried it yet, though):

If you experience this, you can solder a .1mF cap across the poles of each switch, and it will take care of the small, extraneous current that causes switch misfires.

prsnstrat

Bumping to see if anyone has heard more on this. I'm having the issue with my Red now, and extremely frustrated. My Blue is a-ok (knocks on wood).

thorpy6

I'm on my 2nd Bogner Blue and both pedals have had this issue. It doesn't matter if it's a strong or light press - same result: doesn't always latch.

What I heard through the grape vine (haven't tried it yet, though):

I've done this fix, it works and solves the problem 100%

sykes1000

I have now done the gig and the switches have still not failed. 100% success rate by switching.

I can now confidently say that the caps fix works! Eventhough I do not have the correct values of 0.1 uF.

I will replace the caps eventually when I get the correct values.

Hi TGP,

I can confirm that the caps fix works 100%.

I have since applied the correct value caps of 0.1 uF to the pedal.

It has been 6 months now since my original post and the switches have yet to fail on me since applying the fix.

I agree with the TGP members that Bogner should publicly address the issue and post the fix on their website.
It is a production/factory fault und should fall under warranty repair for those who wish to have the work done.
Bogner where made aware of the issue during the test phase of the pedal by a Beta tester.

I wish you all "smooth sailing" with your Bogner pedals....

All the best

Sykes1000

Last edited:

Totally Bored

Crap. I have a Blue and Red coming in the mail tommorow. If I had read these Bogner threads I wouldn't have bothered with these pedals. Time will tell I quess. Kinda nervous with all the money involved here :bonk

Lution

Was thinking about trying out a Blue pedal with my Atma... Thinking about not doing this now.

could someone post a pic of the cap fix. And I think these are single pole switches. So do I just put the cap on the one and only pole on the switch?

Tuberoast

Gold Supporting Member
No problem with my Blue. I have sent emails recently regarding other things and they have quickly responded...within a day. Love my Blue

cochese

Jorg modded my 2013 Blue recently and also added those caps to the foot switch although I wasn't having any issues. I did have switching problems with another Blue and evidently this happens with some of the foot switches. You can always use the remote switch if this happens but it is a drag.

cabkab

Silver Supporting Member
The issue is definitely there. The momentary latching switches they use are cool looking but they can be temperamental. Either sometimes they don't latch or you get a double latch in one press. I have the red and blue and my red doesn't always latch. I've also had this issue with a midi switcher that had similar switches. In the switcher I replaced all of them with similar momentary switches and it fixed the problem.

cochese

It's not that the switches need to be replaced, Bogner told me that sometimes there are tiny currents that cause the switches to hang up so they added caps. I think someone has posted here how to do it or you can send it back to them. They didn't charge me for the mod and adding the caps to the switches. My unit was not have any trouble and I've been using it over a year. I just sent it back for the volume mod.

Unfortunately with any new product issues like these arise after awhile.

Just got a blue and it has this issue
Bought it used

Would a local electronics repair shop be able to do the solder work
I don't own solder equipment
Also do I need to order these caps on line or would an electronics repair or radio shack have them

deftgala

Hi TGP,

I can confirm that the caps fix works 100%.

I have since applied the correct value caps of 0.1 uF to the pedal.
Sykes1000

This is a picture of the inside of the bogner blue, beneath the boost switch. I imagine these are the slugs to attach the cap to. Although, someone will need to confirm this.

c0eca32da1fcc77471790e76584e0a89.jpg

I purchased the Blue from a local store and sure enough it was manufactured in October 2012 and the boost switch was defective. I emailed Jorg at Bogner and he forwarded the email to Blad at Boutique Amps Distribution, who apologized for the defective pedal and asked me to send it to him. As I've always experienced with Bogner, quick and extremely helpful customer service. Considering it's the Christmas holidays, I'm impressed with how quick and prompt they were. That being said, I do understand and sympathize with others who haven't received the same response.

Last edited:

sykes1000

This is a picture of the inside of the bogner blue, beneath the boost switch. I imagine these are the slugs to attach the cap to. Although, someone will need to confirm this.

c0eca32da1fcc77471790e76584e0a89.jpg

I purchased the Blue from a local store and sure enough it was manufactured in October 2012 and the boost switch was defective. I emailed Jorg at Bogner and he forwarded the email to Blad at Boutique Amps Distribution, who apologized for the defective pedal and asked me to send it to him. As I've always experienced with Bogner, quick and extremely helpful customer service. Considering it's the Christmas holidays, I'm impressed with how quick and prompt they were. That being said, I do understand and sympathize with others who haven't received the same response.

This is correct. Just add the capacitor from one lug to the other.

obeasto

What footswitch issue are y'all experiencing?

I went to play a show with my Red pedal and during sound check it failed to produce sound. I hit the switch and the light came on but it muted my signal entirely. In bypass mode the sound was there. I tried to hold the switch down, press it multiple times, but nothing made sound come out.

I had been having issues with it double latching at rehearsal and assumed I was pressing the switch too light or some other form of user error. It always came back on when I would push it again.

Has anyone had the issue where the unit visually turns on, but no sound comes out? I emailed Bogner and they sent me an RMA#. Before shipping it back to them (on my dime) I tried it out and it worked like normal. So I brought it to rehearsal again and it's been working fine since then. I don't even have the double latch issue anymore, but I'm hesitant to bring it out to our next show for fear of it failing again.

For people that have shipped theirs in, how long are the repairs taking? I can't really be without my main drive sound for months, and we have a fairly big show coming up 2 weeks from today. It'll be outdoors, so who knows what the weather will be like.

Top Bottom