Bogner Red: switch and powering issues question

Dannyz

There´s a thread at the Seymour Duncan Forum (http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/...-Any-honest-rundowns-on-the-new-Bogner-pedals) that reported a powering issue about this pedal. Here´s a brief excerpt:

"Mine doesn't power off 50-100mA, I need to use the higher current output on my PP2+ to make it work. Also, as exhibited with many of the pedals out there, the switch is intermittent (on my boost side I'll have to hit it 3 or 4 times to get it to change state)."

Im goin to get one of these Red pedals and i dont want to get caught with a power issue. My power supply is a daisy chain 1 Spot from Visual Sound (that may be a problem?).

In the past, i had a bad Boger La Grange, with the relay/switch issue (no sound from the pedal when On).

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
The bogner red has a high inrush when first powered on. So even though it's spec ed at 100mA it needs more than that to power on. When I measured mine with a fluke 87 handheld dmm, it measured 192mA at startup and 30mA steady state. So I would power it with at least a 200mA output or more.

As for the power all or one spot. I used to run my bogner red daisy chained and it worked great. No noise issues.

I haven't had any switch issues with mine, but others have.

Dannyz

The bogner red has a high inrush when first powered on. So even though it's spec ed at 100mA it needs more than that to power on. When I measured mine with a fluke 87 handheld dmm, it measured 192mA at startup and 30mA steady state. So I would power it with at least a 200mA output or more.

As for the power all or one spot. I used to run my bogner red daisy chained and it worked great. No noise issues.

I haven't had any switch issues with mine, but others have.

Thanks as allways @blackba .

I was assuming that a power supply like the VS One Spot, being daisy chain could make the relays on these pedals go bad. Do you know how much mA´s the 1 Spot does have in every single output? I think it can handle 1700 mA´s total, if i recall corerctly.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom