• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bogner Shiva alternative?

mingo

Hi I have a Bogner Shiva (silver back version) 1x12" combo, what would recommend that sounds similar, just maybe not quite as loud and heavy???

bonchie123

Silver Supporting Member
You can buy my Budda SD18 combo :)

It's in that same ballpark; i.e. Voxy cleans with smooth, darker drive that still has Marshall roots mixed in.

Extremely light 1x12 combo. Like less then 40 pounds. Insanely cheap these days.

DJ_61

Gold Supporting Member
You can buy my Budda SD18 combo :)

It's in that same ballpark; i.e. Voxy cleans with smooth, darker drive that still has Marshall roots mixed in.

Extremely light 1x12 combo. Like less then 40 pounds. Insanely cheap these days.
In my expercience a Shiva is very far from sounding Voxy... I played a Shiva for many years. It is a unique great sounding amp, but it comes with a price... Weight.

JunkGear

Silver Supporting Member
Hi I have a Bogner Shiva (silver back version) 1x12" combo, what would recommend that sounds similar, just maybe not quite as loud and heavy???
Fuchs Blackjack MKII.
I'm not going to say it sounds just like a Shiva, but it does sound great, is a lot lighter and just as versatile.

JunkGear

Silver Supporting Member
I like that suggestion... they're heavy too aren't they, but i do like the 6V6 idea.
The Goldfinger combo is pretty heavy as well, almost Shiva heavy. If you want to keep it in the Bogner family you might want to look at the Duende.

saf_1

In my expercience a Shiva is very far from sounding Voxy... I played a Shiva for many years. It is a unique great sounding amp, but it comes with a price... Weight.
+1 on both counts. I like the cleans on a Shiva, but I would not consider them to be in the Vox camp. And yeah - great sounding amps, but the combo is backbreakingly heavy - especially for a 1X12! That's the reason I sold mine - just too damn heavy to lug around. If I ever got another, it would definitely just be the head.

bonchie123

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't mean the Shiva was voxy. The dirt on the Budda isn't voxy either. The clean is a little though.

I have no idea what the cleans on a Shiva sound like.

Trending Topics