Bogner shiva dead!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by c diddy 5000, Feb 5, 2015.

1. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

So my trusty shiva suddenly died at rehearsal tonight. Mid song, I heard the sound similar to that of the mechanical relay that switches channels and suddenly my sound cut out. I heard the click again, and the sound resumed. 5 mins or so goes by, and I hear the click again and the sound drops out, but this time, it didn't come back on. The amp continued to click every so often. I disconnected my rack and my pedalboard and plugged directly into the amps input to rule these out. Still no luck. I even checked and swapped my cables to see it that was the issue. Nothing. Does this sound like something that points to any one problem in particular?

2. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

Check fuses. Might just need replaced. If not...
    Then tubes. Gotta have a set of backup tubes, right! If not...
    Then there is a lil part on the inside of Bogners that smokes to protect the amp, and will require a tech for repair.
    Fear not, your amp will again work someday, if not today.

3. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

I can't help you, but the same thing happened to my JCM 800 2205. Took it to a tech and $150 something later and it was sounding as good as others. He explained to me what he did, but it was over my head.

4. Nelson89

Nelson89 Member

Don't know if this helps, but i had a similar issue with a Jet City JCA100H, everything was on but the sound was cutting out then nothing but clicked every now and again. Checked every tube and still couldn't find the issue. Took it to a tech and apparently there was something in the signal path that was shorting out once it got to a certain temperature. Replaced that part and all was fixed. Check the fuses and swap out the tubes are what you do first, but if they doesn't work, take it to a tech.

5. BrentSP

BrentSP Supporting Member

I've had this happen with one of my bogners. The loop and relay would flicker and click and sometimes not come on at all. Ended up being a bad LED in the foot switch. The signal is passes through the LED to power it. Try running it without the foot switch and see if it works.

6. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

Brent, thanks for the suggestion. I was running it without the footswitch. Off to a tech I go.