1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bogner Uberschall REV Blue HT fuse

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by ibenhad, May 18, 2011.

1. ibenhad

ibenhad Member

I had my Bogner plugged into my 16ohm Marshall cab the other night and the Bogner was set at 8ohms. I cranked it pretty loud and the HT fuse popped. Could the ohms mismatch of caused this?

2. john l

john l Supporting Member

I go from low to high all the time with my uber with no problems, but the general consensous is that going from low to high (what you did) stresses the OT but is easier on the power tubes and going from hgih to low will stress the tubes but is easier on the OT. More than likely it was just a random tube failure. Just out of curiosity are you using E34Ls orEL34.

3. ibenhad

ibenhad Member

Not sure which tubes I currently have in there. Amp sounds monsterous. I have not tried it since replacing the fuse. I may have just installed Winged =C= EL34s. Will check when I get home.

4. john l

john l Supporting Member

So do you know where to go from here or were you just wondering about the impedience mismatch?

5. ibenhad

ibenhad Member

Really just wondering if the impedance mismatch may have caused the blown fuse.