Bogner Uberschall Vs. VHT Deliverance 60

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by xmikex, Feb 12, 2006.

1. xmikex

xmikex Member

I just picked up the VHT, its a great amp. Im just finding it sounds a little sterile coming out of my orange 4 12... want something that blooms a bit, and has a little more gain...
    Im thinking Uberschall because i have a buddy who can hook me up..
    Any suggestions for rectifying the situation with the VHT?
    Any other amp suggestions?
    I have had Rectos, i dislike 5150, and have a budget o around 2300 canadian(with shipping and duties)

suggestions? oppinions? criticism?

Mike

2. markp

markp Member

I am on day 3 with my D60 and I find it the bloomiest.
    I have been diggin the low input cleaner settings that bloom into feedback at will.There was a clip of Splatt doodleing where he is playing around with some clean licks while bringing in some sweet feedback on the lower strings.
    I am sure the Bogner is real awsome also ,but keep on turnning the knobs on the VHT"its all in there"

3. xmikex

xmikex Member

hmmm i think i suck at amp lingo haha...
    maybe blooming wasnt the right word...
    im not sure what it is, but its lacking something...
    basically if i could for an example of the tone id want, is a mix between how responsive and clear the vht is, with everything else my 2channel rual recto had
    Mike

4. markp

markp Member

How loud are you turning the master?
    Master 3:00 depth 12:00,Gain 1 10:00 for the uper mid thing/3:00 for some big fat juice.
    I am just guessing here,When guys say the vht is to tight or sterile,I asume that they are running the master at the tight and stiff settings.
    Hope this helps.

5. xmikex

xmikex Member

sounds better,,, master at 3 seems a bit loud for band situations haha...
    Mike

6. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I was considering the Deliverance. Once I get over the recent price increase which I found to be a bit high, I'll probably take another look. when the gain nob is on thin/thick, how does the thiner side sound? Is the thick mudy? If you use less gain on the toggle and thin on the nob can you get anything close to a JCM, Fuchs, clear articulate open type of gain structure. When you use more gain and thick does it really saturate without getting too compressed and muddy. If I don't get the VHT, I would be looking at stuf like Mesa Rectoverb combo, Fuchs or possibly a Top Hat.

7. xmikex

xmikex Member

Guitars i have an SG with a seymour duncan custom in the bridge pearly gates in the neck, and a tele with a hotrails in the bridge...
    So far the tele sounds the best/ for pedals, im going guitar>Small Clone>Line 6 DL4>Radial Switchbone

8. xmikex

xmikex Member

how much do Deliverance 60's cost after this "price increase"?
    How would you describe the uber?
    Mike

9. prsnstrat

prsnstrat Member

How many drummers are in your band?!!?

:worried

10. ejecta

ejecta Supporting Member

We have simular ears because I agree. No disrespect to the Fuchs but its just not got "it" for me. The D120 has "it" in spades.