Bogner world has changed: Bogner Amplification Announces Alchemist Guitar Amplifiers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by BostonGuitar, Mar 15, 2008.

1. BostonGuitar

BostonGuitar Member

Bogner Amplification announced today Alchemist™, a forthcoming line of guitar amplifiers designed to deliver the signature flexibility, pure valve signal path and rich tonal characteristics indicative of historic Bogner amplifiers, all at an excellent value.
    Created directly from the vision and specifications of Reinhold Bogner, and inspired by the voicing and culture of classic Californian-flavored amplifier designs, each Alchemist will deliver the chimey, sparkling cleans, creamy, touch-sensitive leads and bright and colorful crunch associated with its predecessors. Featuring two independent channels and a four-button foot switch, the line will be entirely flexible and designed to compliment the sounds of any single-coils and humbuckers — both vintage and modern. Featuring a selectable power section, from 40 to 20 watts, the Alchemist sonority quickly transforms to display a very different kind of magic. When switched to 20 watts, Alchemist undergoes a complete sonic metamorphosis, changing its harmonic complexity and feel to conjure the essence of the legendary Brown sound.
    Well-rounded, the new Bogner Alchemist line will include 112 and 212 open-back Combos, a Head, each 40 watts, and a 212 Extension Cabinet. The line will boast 6L6 class-AB power sections, five-12AX7 preamps and premium Celestion® speakers. Plus, with top-shelf delay and reverb post effects running in parallel, and remaining separate from the original signal, the result is a rich, living and breathing, fully realized resonance poised to ignite a spiritual transformation within each and every player.

Eye-catching with a classic boutique fit-and-finish, Alchemist has a retro-modern design celebrating the classic, albeit timeless, approach to these modern amplifiers. The silver highlights and symbolic markings play to the Alchemist name and its entrancing ancient mysticism.
    "We couldn't be more excited about our new line whose name speaks for itself," remarks Reinhold Bogner, founder of Bogner Amplification. "Guitarists will be in awe with the magically rich tone. Every component, every detail was hand-chosen to deliver the custom amp experience to the legions of guitarists who are truly discerning about tone."
    The Alchemist Series includes the Alchemist 112; Alchemist 212; Alchemist Head; and the Alchemist 212 Extention Cabinet.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Features

• 1x12 open-back Combo, 2x12 open-back Combo, Head, 2x12 Extension Cabinet
    • 6L6 class-AB power section and five-12AX7 preamp; selectable power section
    • Channel 1 (gold): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, Crunch mode, variable Bright, Deep switch
    • Channel 2 (mercury): Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Volume, variable Bright, Mid Shift
    • Shared: in parallel, Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
    • Premium Celestion® speakers
    • Four-button footswitch included. Functions: Channel Select, Boost, Delay, Reverb
    Alchemist™ spins the visions of discerning guitarists into gold
    Inspired by the voicing of classic Californian-flavored amplifiers, Alchemist embodies a modern approach to vintage designs. From Reinhold Bogner's sophisticated arrangement of simple circuits, currents, metal and wood, rich tones emerge.
    Coming Soon.

2. BrentSP

BrentSP Supporting Member

3. Lution

Lution Member

4. sixtonoize

sixtonoize Member

Made in China??

For SHAME, Reinhold....for shame.

5. BrentSP

BrentSP Supporting Member

He still has the US made amps to www.bogneramplification.com

6. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

I don't understand this. Bogner needs to thrive in a global marketplace. If I were Reinhold, I'd do the same thing.

7. GregS

GregS Member

And that's the only Bogner line I'll consider buying.

8. Lution

Lution Member

I'm curious. why?

9. geetarman

geetarman Member

Spread those wings and fly. :D
    [​IMG]

10. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Does anyone have prices?

11. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks. Prices look good.
    Do you know when they will be available?

12. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

From the clips I've heard, they're nothin special. I wasn't impressed at all.
    I know many others disagree.

13. crosse79

crosse79 Member

It's only a natural thing to progress to. As long as he keeps his product lines distinct and separated - he'll get customers at both ends.

14. GregS

GregS Member

I have. A 101B and an Ecstasy Classic. Still working on a Shiva. Any other questions?

15. digital jams

digital jams Member

It is a business, how many $3000+ amps can he sell to live well?

Good choice on his part and wish him well, helping bring good tone to more sane people and making a good business move.

16. Lution

Lution Member

see post #8 :D

17. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

18. Orren

Orren Member

There's a YouTube video of a Musikmesse demo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJKAaWmyEqQ

He mentions a price point of 1000 euros. That may translate to about $1550.

Personally, I'm quite interested in a 2/4 channel Bogner amp with built-in (line 6 most likely) effects. Looks like this could be the "all tube spider valve" that other people have asked for.

Orren

19. Unabender

Unabender Member

Well, one. Although your amps are probably put together in USA, how much of the components do you think are also made in USA? :) Are the PCBs inside also made in the USA? You can't really tell...

20. gtrplr71

gtrplr71 Supporting Member

He might just be bored! you have the high end low end with SV why not try the middle ground! Hell I'll buy one