Boiling Point and Timmy or KOT

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
Changing things up a bit. I use a Divided by 13 CJ11. Deluxe style 6v6 amp.

Trying to decide between the current Timmy> Boiling Point setup or going with the KOT. I know the Timmy is the end all be all of booster/low gain etc. etc...but I know the KOT is excellent too..

Opinions, thoughts?

Mainly play a Les Paul, strat and Tele

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
I've also got a Skreddy lunar module mini deluxe that is really amazing...I just need to figure out the best combo

thecomposinator

Silver Supporting Member
I've had two timmies and a Tim and at one point a KoT. Went though many other combinations, came back to the KoT, haven't been let down since. That thing is awesome. But, that being said I also have a honey bee set to low gain and a soul food even cleaner to get real low gain.

Gumbygreeneye

I've got a Timmy coming in the next week or two and am close to getting the call for my King of Tone. Really looking forward to trying them then attempting stacking them.

soopajeanmi

Changing things up a bit. I use a Divided by 13 CJ11. Deluxe style 6v6 amp.

Trying to decide between the current Timmy> Boiling Point setup or going with the KOT. I know the Timmy is the end all be all of booster/low gain etc. etc...but I know the KOT is excellent too..

Opinions, thoughts?

Mainly play a Les Paul, strat and Tele
I think your current setup is capable of way more gain than a KOT. So it depends on how much you might need. I like that the Boiling Point sounds nice with low gain but can also delivers more gain than most of my others OD if I need it, it's very versatile.