Bolt on neck with 3 x 3 headstock

Mpcoluv

has anyone used the USACG 3 x 3 headstock on a build?
I am working on a tele/ Paul build similar to a Fano SP6 and am looking for a non fender headstock. Warmoth only sells the clunky pro truss rod on their tilt back necks with 3 tuners per side. USACG only offers one standard 3x3 headstock but likely could do others. Any suggestions?

71strat

While I don't have a 3 x 3. I have 2 necks from USACG, and there are none better.

I would by with confidence, and for me they are my 1st/last stop for necks.

Mpcoluv

I have had good luck with fender style warmoth necks, but all had a single vintage style truss rod. Looks like USACG is the only game in town for a tilt 3x3 with a normal trussrod.

sebbio7

BestGuitarParts is an offshoot of USACG in some way and still offers the tiltback option I believe.

I don't have a 3 x 3 either but I do have a couple USACG necks and a few BestGuitarParts necks and they're all really nice.

Also have one of those Warmoth double trussrod necks...garbage IMO.

Mpcoluv

For those who have had bad luck with the warmoth pro truss rod, did you have a thin or fat neck profile.

majordanger

has anyone used the USACG 3 x 3 headstock on a build?
I am working on a tele/ Paul build similar to a Fano SP6 and am looking for a non fender headstock. Warmoth only sells the clunky pro truss rod on their tilt back necks with 3 tuners per side. USACG only offers one standard 3x3 headstock but likely could do others. Any suggestions?
I have a USACG 3x3 with roasted maple, pau ferro FB, and stainless frets. I haven't finished the build yet but the neck is absolutely incredible looking and feeling. I wouldn't hesitate if you are on the fence.

One note, it's not a tilt headstock, it's strat-style where you will want string trees or staggered poles. I prefer that actually, but just letting you know.

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
For those who have had bad luck with the warmoth pro truss rod, did you have a thin or fat neck profile.
I've got a bunch of them, with several different profiles. The two I use the most are Standard Thin and 59 Roundback, but I also have a Wolfgang and an SRV. I gig with them...a lot. I've never had anyone come up to me after a gig and mention that they didn't like the way the double-truss rod in my neck sounded.

I totally get that the type of truss rod is important, and that many people feel strongly about their preferences, but to characterize the Warmoth double truss rod as "clunky" or "garbage" is nonsense, IMO.

The truth is USACG, Musikraft, and Warmoth all make great necks. When it comes to choosing one for yourself, decide which features are important to you, and pick the brand that offers them.

Trending Topics