Bonamassa Fuzz Face - what the hell is this?!

CE-2 Man

Please tell me what the little black disc is that's sticking up from under the rubber track. I can't work it out and it's annoying me!
JoeBonamassaSignatureFuzzFaceDistortion-11.png

loosegroove

Huh? All fuzz faces have a flat spot there. It just looks like the rubber pad on this one isn't as tall so it doesn't cover it up as much. And I'm assuming that it's some photo editing and lighting going on that makes it looks like that spot is a different shade of black, when I bet the entire pedal is uniform in color.

CE-2 Man

Interesting, so there's nothing there?! It does look like a plectrum in the Dunlop pic!

I've owned many Fuzz Faces so I'm familiar with the flat bit, I just thought maybe this pedal came with a little limited edition token or plec or something haha, strange photo shop editing.

loosegroove

Not to mention that the photo makes the pedal look flat matte black, not glossy as it appears to really be. I was checking out photos at Proguitarshop which is where I grabbed the above pic.

Stratm69

Interesting, so there's nothing there?! It does look like a plectrum in the Dunlop pic!

I've owned many Fuzz Faces so I'm familiar with the flat bit, I just thought maybe this pedal came with a little limited edition token or plec or something haha, strange photo shop editing.

There's no photo shop editing..

There's just a flat spot there, just like all the other Fuzz Faces since the '60s.

The light is reflecting off the paint making it look more noticeable.

C'mon mang!

This Fuzz Face looks badass with the cream lettering. I actually prefer it over the copper.

Mothman

C'mon mang!

Now, there's an accent from my part of the world!

I used to do photo styling for a catalog company that sold lots of little metal objects, like this FF. Shooting anything glossy and all black or all white was a giant pain in the a**, mostly because it was so tricky to light. And, shooting straight down onto a conical object was considered kinda dumb.

Hence, the confusing appearance of the FF in the OP's photo. But the other posters here have it right, there's no retouching going on. Although, there should be.

hamerman55

Silver Supporting Member
By the way, are the electronics the same as the big copper one? I have that and love it, but don't get why a much smaller and cheaper box is the same $200.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom