Bonamassa / Hughes - Black Country Communion

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Randy, Aug 12, 2010.

1. steveb

steveb Member

2. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

I just got the album ten minutes ago after pre-order. Listening now. A bit retro, but its better than OK so far. It will probably grow on me.

I think it is silly mental wanking to make this thread into a Joe vs EJ commentary. Really odd comparison, and way off-base,

3. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

I've yet to hear that. He's an accomplished player no doubt but I have yet to hear something and say, "Oh thats Joe Bonammasa".

4. Guitar-Bob

Guitar-Bob Member

I typically try to stay out of these discussions..but......
    I really don't see the EJ comparison to Joe. I like and listen to both. I hear a differance in their playing. I guess 'cuz they both do blazin' pentatonic licks weaved together they get lumped into the same category. To me, this is like comparing Hendrix and Tower.

5. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

I have now listened to the whole album a couple of times, and I like it more. It is good classic blues-rock. I am not sure how anyone would expect anything else from this group of players.

6. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

What good would posting my playing do for one of these bone heads who always want to claim Joe B is some kind of EJ clone??? Not a very good arguement tack there buddy.

7. Josh O

Josh O Member

I'm listening to it right now. I like Bonamassa as a blues man but damn he's really tearing it up on this album, straight on rock, I love it!

8. Uncle_Salty

Uncle_Salty Member

I'm really enjoying the album. I like Joe and I think his singing keeps getting better and better but it's cool to hear him as a sideman. Hard rock seems to suit him, too. The solo on 'Song Of Yesterday' is a real stand-out, right up there with 'Sloe Gin' in my humble opinion.