Bonehead things you've done to avoid practicing?

- Shopping at almost every GC or Sam Ash in the state, and even the G&L & RIC dealers

- Modding & shielding an instrument so it's not noisy, even though you never "play out"

- Obsessing about all the stupid stuff relating to gear, when it really doesn't affect you

Deep down I guess I knew I was just wasting time, but I think I may have wised up, a little.

Blue410

Silver Supporting Member
Great, thanks to TGP I can add to this list browsing at the local Goodwill store for cool dresses to wear for my next jam band gig. One more hour away from the so-called "grown-up chords".

sixstringfuel

Hotdogs kill
Not intentional but it worked just the same.

Shut a car door on my left hand about 8 months ago and broke my ring and pinky fingers. Oddly enough I did it in a hospital parking lot after just being discharged after a week stay.
I believe I was still groggy I think from meds.

slybird

I think I was always more like to play and practice when I really needed to study or attend to other life responsibilities.
This is me. If I was responsible I would never practice. If I didn't practice at music I might be making more money than I do and have a cleaner house for sure.

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Not intentional but it worked just the same.

Shut a car door on my left hand about 8 months ago and broke my ring and pinky fingers. Oddly enough I did it in a hospital parking lot after just being discharged after a week stay.
I believe I was still groggy I think from meds.
Dang that sucks!!

Hawx

Everything I do to any other guitar I own. I only play the one guitar yet I waste my time modding and setting up the others...

mannish

not really I don't really consider it practice but I play everyday - always a guitar nearby except for the bathrooms

cram

stared at the guy looking into my house from outside for like, hours... at some point of no longer being afraid to blink and miss something, I reached for my beer on the coffee table and when I looked back he was gone.

I could have been practicing.
I could have been practicing with an audience.
I could have been practicing with an audience that whole time.

what a sinking feeling it was upon that realization.
tragic... disappointment.

jeff5371

Silver Supporting Member
- Shopping at almost every GC or Sam Ash in the state, and even the G&L & RIC dealers

- Modding & shielding an instrument so it's not noisy, even though you never "play out"

- Obsessing about all the stupid stuff relating to gear, when it really doesn't affect you

Deep down I guess I knew I was just wasting time, but I think I may have wised up, a little.

Lol all of the above......

Trending Topics