• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bongo Bill & Sniffy... (When I was younger)

mike walker

Very interesting. I always wanted to know what was going to happen next, where you'd take it. I was drawn in, i got on the bus you were driving, and missed my stop, coz the sites were so intriguing, and the journey was so evocative.

Merci Bub,

Mike

Texsunburst59

What a trip Bub. This sounds like something a small African child might process in his mind after being kidnapped from his village and taken to a Gypsy campsite somewhere in the world where musicians were jamming. He would also have heard recorded music for the first time and this is how he was processing it all in his mind for the first time. Wild stuff for sure.:AOK

ToneZappa

Very interesting. I always wanted to know what was going to happen next, where you'd take it. I was drawn in, i got on the bus you were driving, and missed my stop, coz the sites were so intriguing, and the journey was so evocative.

Merci Bub,

Mike
Mike thanks for listening................but this was 1979 at the time I was on tour with a couple of "Disco Icons" !!! it was the end of the disco era. We had a night off in London and some friends left a drum kit and loads of percussion gear where I lived (a rehearsal/house) I just went in with a cassette recorder and tape deck and started bashing things around.....This was what came out, the guitar and synth I did in the kitchen. !!!
Its sounds awful but amusing I think. :AOK

mike walker

Mike thanks for listening................but this was 1979 at the time I was on tour with a couple of "Disco Icons" !!! it was the end of the disco era. We had a night off in London and some friends left a drum kit and loads of percussion gear where I lived (a rehearsal/house) I just went in with a cassette recorder and tape deck and started bashing things around.....This was what came out, the guitar and synth I did in the kitchen. !!!
Its sounds awful but amusing I think. :AOK
Awful?? Nah... I was dancing to that Disco, Bub. Good times, Native new yorker, Jeez, my pants were tight!!! UGH!

Mike

jb70

very cool and very different bub! so were you wearing bell bottoms when you recorded this? :)

ToneZappa

What a trip Bub. This sounds like something a small African child might process in his mind after being kidnapped from his village and taken to a Gypsy campsite somewhere in the world where musicians were jamming. He would also have heard recorded music for the first time and this is how he was processing it all in his mind for the first time. Wild stuff for sure.:AOK
Thanks Tex.......Thats a wild mind you have there. :) It does have some kind of voodoo vibe happening on the first part. I just wish it had been in time. !!!

Cheers......... Bub. :AOK

That is some very creative and very cool stuff! I dig that open creative flow rather than fitting everything into a cookie cutter box. Always dig your stuff!!!:AOK

Woodyworld

Whenever you post it's always fresh and exciting. From burning fret work to textured compositions and sound samples. love em all.

Took me all over the shop this one.......

ToneZappa

...reminded me of Art Ensemble of Chicago...
...awesome!
Thanks for listening John.................."Art Ensemble of Chicago" !!! that sounds great but I don,t think they would agree. :)

:AOK WOW Bub! What a trip!:AOK:AOK:AOK
Thanks Paco very kind of you to have a listen .... this is probably the strangest clip I,ve put on this forum although thinking about it they are all a bit strange really. :AOK

ToneZappa

That is some very creative and very cool stuff! I dig that open creative flow rather than fitting everything into a cookie cutter box. Always dig your stuff!!!:AOK
Thanks Chris.............its another Lo-Fi clip by me but that was the situation then. :AOK

Whenever you post it's always fresh and exciting. From burning fret work to textured compositions and sound samples. love em all.

Took me all over the shop this one.......
Thank you very much Woody...........you,d never think so but I used to play drums even in a working band. But my approach to this clip was totally different, more of an orchestral drum/perc vibe its very loose and really needed someone to conduct. Like most of the clips I put up here I was searching for something I don,t know......yet. :AOK

Last edited:

ToneZappa

...actually, the percussion stuff is what reminded me of the Art Ensemble...and they would have enjoyed it too! It would have been cool to watch you record this piece...
Thanks again John..... Yeah I thought you were referring to the perc bit and I do take that as a huge complement BTW.

It would have made a funny YouTube to have seen me record it because it was a tiny room full of drums and perc gear plus loads of guitar bits lying around, a complete jungle of leads and a tape deck and cassette recorder on the floor. I used one mic high in the centre of the room and the cable on the headphones was to short so I couldn,t really reach any instrument properly (my head at ridiculous angles standing on one leg pressing record and runing to the instrument and pulling the headphone jack out grrrrr....etc) but I didn,t brake anything.

HarryJ

Too fun!
Was trying to figure out what stringed instrument was at the end?
Seemed to be in the mandolin range, but the fast vibrato made me think sped up guitar?
Very imaginative and cool... as would be expected

HJ

ToneZappa

Too fun!
Was trying to figure out what stringed instrument was at the end?
Seemed to be in the mandolin range, but the fast vibrato made me think sped up guitar?
Very imaginative and cool... as would be expected

HJ
Ha thanks Harry............It was double speed acoustic guitar (tape) and I was singing along like an opera singer as well but when I made it into an MP3 years later the vocal just vanished........just as well really !!! :crazy

Trending Topics