Boo...got my Bill Lawrence Cable Package Today

nrvana8775

It took 2 weeks to get here, which isn't a big deal. They forgot 10 of the short plug connectors though. AHHHHH

I'm sure they will send them out for no fee, but I really will pissed if I have to wait another two weeks. :bkw

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
same thing happened to me last week.

my neighbor just walked through the door with them. took about 2 days.

chin up!

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
should have left that out. . . he got my mail yesterday. . . .

took two days after my call. . . .

nrvana8775

Awesome, sucks they didn't ship the correct items out. I guess it's for the best though, I have some tests Tuesday/Wednesday, and I would definitely want to make the cables and play with my compressor instead of studying.

j_m_s

BL has great service. dont worry.

i waited 8 days for mine. but im in an asian country. so thats pretty fast. am quite happy with the cables.

though they didnt forget any connectors

heh. maybe the one up abve is telling you to study instead of making cables. LOL!

nrvana8775

Whatever the source is, I think it's probably for the best. By next Thursday I should have my board finalized (maybe switch analogman delay for memory lane w/ 8th note mode) and then I can take some pictures.

Flying Panda

My order took about two weeks as well, and I also ordered 10 extra plugs. I called and left a message about a week and a half in, then got a message back from Becky the next day saying they'd be here by the end of the week...and they were. In conclusion...not the fastest shipping, but great with the communication and Becky sounds VERY nice, and I needed to remind myself I'm dealing with a small family business...it's not all about Musician's Friend and Wal-Mart. I do REALLY like the cables, by the way.:AOK

bluesdoc

Gold Supporting Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Huh, same thing happened to me. No short plugs in my order. Becky made it right but I wonder why they can't get their orders straight?? btw, if you have very tight jacks, removing the BL plugs can be challenging as there's not much of a frictional surface. I had to wrap some rubber tape on a few of mine, esp the one that plugs into my strat with the recessed jack plate. Before covering the plug with rubber tape, I had to pull the plug out by the wire, which didn't seem to hurt anything.....

jon

nrvana8775

That does seem odd that the same thing has happened to four people. If anything, I expected not to receive the additional plugs that I ordered. It's a bit weird that I got the additional plugs, but not the plugs that are supposed to come with the Wilde USA Package.

I just hope they come around the same time as my compressor.

jamison162

I've ordered large quantities twice now and have had nothing but great service. My orders were recieved promptly and were correct.

silverface

... I had to pull the plug out by the wire, which didn't seem to hurt anything.....

That's no problem. Bill Lawrence himself said you can just pull it by the wire. I always do that and never wrecked one of my cables - and I've been exclusively using BL cable for about 3 years now. So don't worry! ;-)

Best wishes,

silverface.

tj1004

Silver Supporting Member
will the connectors work with George L cable? I have about 15 ft of it but dislike their plugs and would like to try out the BL plug ends. Anyone know?

LavaMan

will the connectors work with George L cable? I have about 15 ft of it but dislike their plugs and would like to try out the BL plug ends. Anyone know?
Yes - they are both esentially the same exact cable. Same size, contruction etc...

analogmike

Bill Lawrence himself said you can just pull it by the wire.
I thought he had nothing to do with the BL cables? I saw the BL pickups and cables booth at NAMM and there were disclaimers about how he was not involved, it was just his name.

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
I thought he had nothing to do with the BL cables? I saw the BL pickups and cables booth at NAMM and there were disclaimers about how he was not involved, it was just his name.
. . . then becky done gone and left him;)

I spoke with her twice last week. I didn't ask if Bill was around though. . . .

analogmike

Too confusing for me... the guy at NAMM (not Bill) was this one
http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: Jzchak Wajcman dba “Bill Lawrence USA“, is not associated with the designer Bill Lawrence since 1984.

Jzchak Wajcman is the founder of the original 1965 “Bill Lawrence” Guitar Pickup Company (Lawrence Electro Sound)

The “Bill Lawrence" trademark is solely owned by Jzchak Wajcman, dba “Bill Lawrence USA” and is the one and only legal source and manufacturer of all “Bill Lawrence” musical products.

What is a trademark? A trademark includes any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. In short, a trademark is a brand name.

In 1984 Third National Bank sold to Wajcman's company Degalim inc. all the assets covered by lender’s lien including and without limitation all copyrights, trademarks and trade names including the trademark and trade name “Bill Lawrence and “Lawrence Products”, and any derivation thereof.
In 1985 Degalim and Bank assigned the “BILL "LAWRENCE" Trademark and trade name to Jzchak Wajcman.

and I see Bill is still around too at http://www.billlawrence.com

and has this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Designer Bill Lawrence is Not associated with Jzchak Wajcman dba Bill Lawrence Products

The latter one had the connectors at NAMM, does Bill himself make them too?

orogeny

Gold Supporting Member
Too confusing for me... the guy at NAMM (not Bill) was this one
http://www.billlawrenceusa.com/

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER

Disclaimer: Jzchak Wajcman dba “Bill Lawrence USA“, is not associated with the designer Bill Lawrence since 1984.

Jzchak Wajcman is the founder of the original 1965 “Bill Lawrence” Guitar Pickup Company (Lawrence Electro Sound)

The “Bill Lawrence" trademark is solely owned by Jzchak Wajcman, dba “Bill Lawrence USA” and is the one and only legal source and manufacturer of all “Bill Lawrence” musical products.

What is a trademark? A trademark includes any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. In short, a trademark is a brand name.
In 1984 Third National Bank sold to Wajcman's company Degalim inc. all the assets covered by lender’s lien including and without limitation all copyrights, trademarks and trade names including the trademark and trade name “Bill Lawrence and “Lawrence Products”, and any derivation thereof.
In 1985 Degalim and Bank assigned the “BILL "LAWRENCE" Trademark and trade name to Jzchak Wajcman.

and I see Bill is still around too at http://www.billlawrence.com

and has this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Designer Bill Lawrence is Not associated with Jzchak Wajcman dba Bill Lawrence Products

The latter one had the connectors at NAMM, does Bill himself make them too?
As far as I know, they do. . . under the WildeUSA brand. . .

http://www.billlawrence.com/Pages/Connector_Cable.htm

One of the WORST websites ever, by the way. Can't find nuttin'. You have to use google OUTSIDE the website.

For the record. . . Becky is one of the sweetest folks you'll ever talk to on the phone.

Strange. . . .didn't know about the billlawrence usa guy. Doesn't sell the cables on his website. . . . he does have one pickup that seems to be identical to the bill I know though. . . the L500. Interesting. Maybe Becky and Bill lost their name in the 80s to this cat. . . it appears he "bought" it in 1984-5. . . . . .

silverface

Strange. . . .didn't know about the billlawrence usa guy. Doesn't sell the cables on his website. . . . he does have one pickup that seems to be identical to the bill I know though. . . the L500. Interesting. Maybe Becky and Bill lost their name in the 80s to this cat. . . it appears he "bought" it in 1984-5. . . . . .
Bill and him used to be business partners in the 70ies. They split in the eighties. The "other guy" still uses the design of the L-500 they came up with together. His website is even worse than that of the "real" BL.

Best wishes,

silverface.

jamison162

Bill Lawrence "Wilde" Cable? That's his branding. Was this Bill and Becky Lawrence....or the infamous Bill Lawrence USA? Oh, ok....I just saw the other posts...yeah you were in the wrong camp there Analogman.

Yes - they are both esentially the same exact cable. Same size, contruction etc...
I know you're a cable expert Mark...and many will agree with you; but I will say that there is a very real, audible and discernable difference between George L cable and Bill Lawrences' Wilde cable. The BL sounds better hands down. It is not the bright, thin sounding cable the GL is. It also has much better clarity when chording. Great balanced cable. However, I would only recommend using it for pedalboard applications as it is only available in the small diameter.

Trending Topics