• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Boogie Single Rec series II 50 Solo head

Ascension

I found one yesterday in a local Pawn Shop for $600 in MINT condition but it doesn't have the foot switch.
I know the bigger 100 watt Dual and Triple Recs pretty well but these 50 watt Single Rec Solos I don't have a clue about. Sounds like a deal what can you guys tell me about reliability and worth? This thing sounded pretty good and I'm seriously thinking about going back tomorrow and snagging it.

HeeHaw

I had one and thought it sounded better than the 100 watter. Reliability wise it had a minor issue, but was taken care of by boogie.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Hey, at $600 you can flip it if you don't love it. The channel switching is just an on/off pedal, so just about anything will work but I often see the rectifier channel switches lying around pawn shops so one'll be out there if you need it...

IPlayHamers

IMO, the 50 watt Single Rec is the best amp Mesa builds. I say that because I don't really care for Mesa amps, and this one is the most un-Mesa sounding to me. It doesn't have the buzziness of the 100 watt Dual/Triple Recs and the clean sounds are very usable.

I have a feeling the simplicity of the design is the reason why it sounds better.

For $600, it's a steal. Buy it!! I also recommend that you try it with EL34's. Kinda Marshally (is that a word?), but with it's own thing going on.

Great amp and deal.....;)

Red Suede

I have the combo. It's very versatile, and all the tones are usable. About the only one I haven't used is the rectifier setting!

Top Bottom