• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boogie Treble Control works 7-10 only

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
The treble control on my MKIIC+ only works from 7-10 on the dial. 0-7 sounds the same-no change in the tone. No tonal change when I pull the knob out for treble shift either.

Does this sound like a pot problem or some other circuitry?

Thanks

AR-305

The Boogie tone stack (not at all unlike the Fender tone stack) has very very interactive control. Which ever of the Treb. Mid. or Bass are very high will dominate the scenario. The Treble pull shift is only active for the lead mode (controlled by an LDR in the switching matrix) what it does is add the signature Boogie mid boost to the lead channel (only). Try turning all the tone controls to zero, this shouldbe just like turning the volume all the way down, then bring up just the treble; if it has proper function you will hear a somewhat linear increase in treble etc. Same with the other two controls. It is an audio taper pot and as such will respond that way.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
The Boogie tone stack (not at all unlike the Fender tone stack) has very very interactive control. Which ever of the Treb. Mid. or Bass are very high will dominate the scenario. The Treble pull shift is only active for the lead mode (controlled by an LDR in the switching matrix) what it does is add the signature Boogie mid boost to the lead channel (only). Try turning all the tone controls to zero, this shouldbe just like turning the volume all the way down, then bring up just the treble; if it has proper function you will hear a somewhat linear increase in treble etc. Same with the other two controls. It is an audio taper pot and as such will respond that way.[/QUOTE/]

Thanks.

I will experiment. I guess I never pulled the treble shift before! :jo

kludge

The droid you're looking for
I think it's just Boogies. You could flip this and say "the bass control only works from 0-3, and then it's all mud". The sensitivity is nice in a way, but maddening!

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
The amazing thing is that in all the time I have had the amp, I have never pulled that treble pot! I found a tone I liked pretty well and have barely strayed from it.

I turned everything to zero and worked them up slowly. All the controls work fine. I really need to start exploring more before I post here. Thanks for the help everybody.

Johnson

Yeah I had the same experience w/ my C+...it took me a while to get the hang of the controls to the point where I thought something was initally wrong with the amp. But now I've got it down to a science!:stir

Trending Topics