Boomerang I vs III?

IbanezAFS75

Looking at getting rid of my trusty RC20XL and picking up a boomerang. I like the options on the III but not sure i totally need them, the I looks plenty and is half the price. Opinions?

goodhonk

The original and + have only about 2 mins record time. Also, your bypass signal is affected, and the playback isn’t as pristine. They are great units for live looping though, easy to use and the buttons are perfect.

JosephZdyrski

Get the III....

do not sell your Boss then get a I.... they are outdated. I tried one and it had so many issues I picked an RC1 over it, true story.

ljholland

Gold Supporting Member
I've had the original one and the new one. Both sold now. However, I do not recommend the original. In addition to the short delay time, it's a very noisy looper. @goodhonk is being polite by calling it not as pristine.

The III is very nice. While it has all those features, you don't need to use them and they don't get in the way of the primary looping functions. I used the different loops and the loop multiplication feature only and was very happy.

goodhonk

I've had the original one and the new one. Both sold now. However, I do not recommend the original. In addition to the short delay time, it's a very noisy looper. @goodhonk is being polite by calling it not as pristine.

The III is very nice. While it has all those features, you don't need to use them and they don't get in the way of the primary looping functions. I used the different loops and the loop multiplication feature only and was very happy.
ah yes, i forgot about the noise. however, there's an easy mod that can eliminate the noise.

Trending Topics