• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boost: Rangemaster for Vox-like amps, and what for Fender-like amps?

Luca1979

AFAIK, Rangemaster clones (Java Boost, Beano, and so on) seem to work better with humbucker guitars into Vox (or derivates) amps.

What's the best counterpart for boosting Fender (blackfaces, tweeds, or even JMP/plexi Marshalls) gear?

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
I use my Beano into all kinds of amps...Fenders (tweed, brown and blackface) as well as an old Ampeg and an old Sound City and have also tried it with Mesa's, Marshalls, etc...

smogfalls

I love my D*A*M Red Rooster (rangemaster clone with Tweaks), into my Deluxe Reverb and my JCM2555SL. Sounds great with Matamps too.

DC1

Rangemasters are more than a boost. They add distortion harmonics and quite a profound tonal change in the highs.

If you have a Fender amp that you like the sound of, but want to kick it a little (or lot) harder, I would recommend the Barber Launch Pad for ultra fidelity boosting.

Dave Barber has a gain staging technique he uses with the Launch Pad called "Amp Cooking" that really works to make an amp bigger sounding and more expressive.

Here's the link:

http://www.barberelectronics.com/LaunchPad.htm

A phenomenal sounding boost.

sstweed

Gold Supporting Member
The RM Boost (now called the Dallas Boost) by MJM has a "dark" setting that is very nice into Fenders and has quite a bit more gain than most Rangemaster clones I have played. Right now one of my favorites.

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
The HBE Germania. Now it has a three position tone switch to help accommodate any amp.

capnrock

Silver Supporting Member
I like a rangemaster (beano [sunlion]) into my silver face champ. A LOT. Not so much into my Twin (not at usable levels anyway).

Seegs

I picked up a Telenordia Treble boost and it sounds killer with everything...hums...singles all kinds of amps you names it...killer pedal...

Chow,
Seegs

M Hossa

I picked up a Telenordia Treble boost and it sounds killer with everything...hums...singles all kinds of amps you names it...killer pedal...

Chow,
Seegs
+24 for Telenordia TA-24. I had it this week and I can't believe how good it is. :love:

Trending Topics