Boost with buffer

boost

Looking for a boost pedal in front of a JMP that has an 'always on' buffer. The ability to swith the buffer in/out would be cool, but not necessary.

I have an EP Booster that I use and had a Timmy and am seriously considering another one again. These are used only for solos and would never be an always on pedal. If I can avoid having a boost pedal and a buffer and get it all in one, that would be ideal.

I know the Aluminum Falcon had a buffer switch on the ones I saw. What else is out there in the boost/light OD with an always on buffer realm?

Thanks.

MmcGrouty

MI Effects Boost N Buff
Field Effects Graviton Boost
Not sure if you want an overdrive or a strait boost pedal.

boost

Thanks for all the replies. I am not opposed to a drive pedal, just one that does light OD as the amp is hot rodded a bit and has plenty of gain.

I love the EP, but wouldn't mind something with more control over the tone (like a Timmy). Even though the EP isn't exactly a neutral clean boost, I like what it does for the sound. A drive pedal in the vein of a TS, Klon, etc. would give me another option.

I may check out the Soul Food just to see if a Klon type boost would work for me in this situation and either rule it out or head down that dark path!

ndtealmusic

The Mad Professor Ruby Red is an excellent booster with a buffer. Loved that one, just lacked the means to buy.

bluflames

Thanks for all the replies. I am not opposed to a drive pedal, just one that does light OD as the amp is hot rodded a bit and has plenty of gain.

I love the EP, but wouldn't mind something with more control over the tone (like a Timmy). Even though the EP isn't exactly a neutral clean boost, I like what it does for the sound. A drive pedal in the vein of a TS, Klon, etc. would give me another option.

I may check out the Soul Food just to see if a Klon type boost would work for me in this situation and either rule it out or head down that dark path!

This is why I wish the madbean Fatpants could be had without having to (1) wait until November, (2) without having to source parts, wire and drill your own enclosure...

It has a 'fat' control that lets you adjust the gain of the pedal (aka the midrange for the j201) and switches to EQ it for anything from a vintage tele to an all mahogany explorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zul

Gold Supporting Member
Another vote for the Cusack.
It's one ...More Louder.

0-25db. Allows lower than unity.
Buffer is clean as a whisper.
Boost is full range.
Build is robust.
Switch is silent.

twp

Likes guitars; loves music...
Platinum Supporting Member
Good experiences with both Empress Buffer+ (which includes boost) and Radial Loopbone (which is a buffered looper that also has a boost). Buffer was equally good in both; I slightly prefer tone of the Radial boost although the Empress was more easily adjustable. (Boost level control on the Radial is a small trimpot on the back of the enclosure.)

Trending Topics