booster that won't color the tone

chuenx

I am searching for a booster that won't color my tone
i want it for simply volume boost in my solo
without adding high end(SHO?), Low(the boost side of BOR?) or mid

and one more question

what does it mean by i.e. Zero to +24 dB boost ???
does it mean that a pedal with +48 db boost will have a large volume than +24db boost?

i am considering a
Creation Audio Labs MK.4.23 Boost
and
MI Audio BNB

what choice else??

thx for your help

dB

Silver Supporting Member
Bad Bob - adds some grit as well
Keeley Katana - cleaner and sparklier than a Bad Bob, but can also add some grit at higher settings

I just sold my Katana and kept the Bad Bob, but both are great pedals.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I use a BJF Sea Blue EQ, its basically a tweakable boost. It has volume, treble,bass controls. It works best for me. Will add some gain as its cranked, but I think they all do. Bill

Simpy

+ 1 on the Katana. Expensive though. It has a pull boost on the knob so it can get dirty as well.

jdh4him

For less money, the RC Booster does a great clean boost.
For a bit-more money, a Timmy is, IMHO, the ultimate transparent boost...and will get gainy if you want it to.

Sniper-V

Lizard Leg Flying Dragon is a great clean boost. Very transparent, no coloring at all, just your tone but louder. Great for running anywhere in the chain. Great for hitting the front end harder or at the end or a solo or signal boost. True bypass too. Another cool feature us that it can be used as volume cut as well with no change in color.

I got a Creatin Audio Mk.4.23 right now and its pretty cool. Works great as a clean boost. Only thing is that is does add some top end presence which works for most rigs. If seems to add clarity, similar to the SHO from Zvex but not quite as much sizzle.

I want to try:
- Keeley Katana
- Landgraff Clean Boost
- Moolon Siganl Boost
- Catalinbread SCP

Voxshall

I like different pedals into different Guitars and amps. For a Les Paul into a vintage Marshall the TC Electronic Line Booster + is my favourite, it has cult status in Japan and sounds so awesome.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom