• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BOR or OCD

which

• Box of Rock

• OCD

Results are only viewable after voting.

ninjaaron

I'm looking for a pedal to do that 'Marshall in a Box' kind of thing, and I've heard that these two are the best.

Opinions?

Kojack19

Gold Supporting Member
I had a BOR and have an OCD v4. BOR is a nice pedal and works really well with on the verge of break up marshalls. I did not have the same results with non marshall style amps. OCD has worked really well with everything I have tried it with-I have stopped shopping for ODs now.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
I had an OCD and was not that impressed.

My Tonepad based Rat clone with the Ruetz mod is much better sounding than the OCD (V3) was and has a much better Marshall sound, so much so, that I painted it black, put Marshall knobs on it and a Marshall logo as a joke.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
OCD is tighter and more versatile than the BOR.

PS- I own both and use 1: OCDV4 (OCD does a nice hairy boost as well)

gag halfrunt

A fellow of infinite jest
OCD is tighter and more versatile than the BOR.

PS- I own both and use 1: OCDV4 (OCD does a nice hairy boost as well)
I've owned both, and found the opposite to be true. OCD can get muddy, but the BoR maintains clarity.

B_of_H

ocd v4 at 18v for me....I just played out saturday night with it and recorded some tracks on my bands first album sunday night. It knocked the bsiab II off my board...which had previously knocked off an ocd v2.

I use it as a distortion pedal though...my gain is at 2:00 give or take 30 min so to my ears that is just into distortion realm especially with humbuckers.

I built a BOR clone and OCD clone to try them out and my BOR wasn't that great sounding but it might have been my fault. I might try another one though but it seems like the BOR is more of a cranked jtm45 while the OCD is a little more like a cranked plexi or even modded plexi in terms of gain. (once again I haven't a/b'd a real BOR)

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
I just got rid of a Klon and have a vexter and handpainted BOR. The klon is not a "marshall in a box" pedal IMO. Although it is a GREAT pedal in its own right.

Drifting

I just got rid of a Klon and have a vexter and handpainted BOR. The klon is not a "marshall in a box" pedal IMO. Although it is a GREAT pedal in its own right.
I think they're just joking about the thread at HC they linked, regarding klons, bor's and ocd's.

I have yet to try any of the three :(

CALI68

Silver Supporting Member
Without hesitation the OCD. Hands down. The BOR was a major disappointment to me.

It wasn't an option but the up position of a Landgraff LDO is AMAZING too!

-Chris

Ed Reed

I think they're just joking about the thread at HC they linked, regarding klons, bor's and ocd's.

I have yet to try any of the three :(
I think this is a joke thread started by someone from HC.

To this I answer "klon".

Oh I give up "bad monkey", there I said it.

dendgreat08

for marshall sound i will choose crunchbox. i was non believer but after playing mine for 2 hours i was convinced

Trending Topics