"Boring" pedals that everyone should have on their pedalboard

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Tuner.

And I have a loop pedal, a keeley Japanese apartment, that keeps the tone suck pedals out of my chain until needed.

The loop is the tiny black one bottom middle. The tuner is bottom right. Much needed, longest owned pedals, just do what they have to do.

image.jpeg

Barnzy

I have two...a quality ABY that can flip phase, lift ground and isolate signals...and a reliable, smooth tapered and "scratch-noise" free volume pedal for swells and/or signal muting. My Radial BigShot ABY and my Morley Pro Volume have been really useful workhorses for me over the years.

Blanket Jackson

Everything is temporary anyway
Gold Supporting Member
Don't know if everyone should own it, but this guy has made a night > day difference in my rig, for eliminating hum/buzz and end of chain buffering, in stereo! So under the radar it sits mounted on the underside of my board!

Radial-Shotgun-34-r-hirez-8x10800.jpg

soggybag

ZVex Super Hard On. I made my own clone. This is a super easy project to build. Sounds great, acts as buffer, or a boost. I use it all the time. Mostly at the end of my signal chain as a get louder button.

OiRogers

Analog.Man KOT.

If I had to sell my pedals off, it'd be the last to go.
If I had to reorganize, it'd be the first in the new board.
If I had to choose the best pedal I've ever plugged into... it'd likely be the one I choose.
It goes with Fender, Marshall and D-Style amps... so it's likely the most versatile pedal I've ever owned.

Overdriver18

Which is your fav?

I don't really have a favorite. Boss lacks glamour but gets the job done. The MXR 10 band gets some representation in a few places, and you'll see the occasional board with other EQ styled pedals like the Empress ParaEq, EQD Tonejob, Bjorn's Sea Blue EQ, and some people even use their Timmy for this type of thing. A pedal that you use as dedicated EQ has a lot of power but its a lot less exciting than a Fuzz or a Klone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom