Bose S1 anyone?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by 74princeton, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:32 PM.

1. 74princeton

74princeton Member

I bought one of these last week as a series of good paying solo acoustic guitar gigs came along and there was a fairly strict volume limitation (winery tastings). The L1 Bose that I use for my larger groups works great but its too much for some situations I encounter. I have several guitar amps (fender, etc.) that I can use, but I find the Bose line array system really spreads the sound in amazing ways that's great for those gigs where conversation still needs to be possible amongst the crowd (super important for many of my gigs).

There are not many reviews of the S1 on youtube, but the product description offered pretty much what I was looking for, a small line array outfit with 2 or 3 inputs and a nice on board reverb. Add to those features the bluetooth capability and battery power and you have a tool that really fits my needs if it works as advertised. Having had a couple of Bose L1's I have to admit already being a believer in their products, as costly as they might be. They're pretty well made and sell easily if you want to move on.

So I've played a couple of gigs now and experimented at the studio and have been really happy with its performance. No, it doesn't have a thumping bass but I have other systems for that. But for playing youtubes around the house or at a party, and the occasional acoustic gig this thing does a great job. I've used it with reverb and looper pedals with no issues.

Once I got comfortable with it, I started envisioning situation where this could be useful; camping trips, busking, rehearsals where vocalists might need a small boost. I'm surprised there aren't more people commenting on this as it seems to be a really nice tool for an active player.

Crowder likes this.
  2. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

How's the battery life looking on these?

3. 74princeton

74princeton Member

The claim is 6 hrs which I haven't tested. There is a method of checking the remaining battery, and it charges whenever the unit is plugged in.

Crowder likes this.
  4. modulusman

modulusman Member