Boss 1600?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Gerry, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Gerry

Gerry Guest

Any experience with this one? GP review (Molenda) was very positive -TIA.

2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Everything GP reviews is positive.

Boss's COSM stuff is bad in my opinion. Part of the expense of the 1600 is the built-in cosm.

3. Greggy

Greggy Member

Ditto and ditto.

4. Gerry

Gerry Guest

Thanks; if the Boss 1600 is not so hot, what alternatives are there - I'm looking for something where I will lay down guitar and bass tracks, need a decent built-in drum machine, but don't need a lot of effects as I have tube-based outboard reverb/overdrive.
    A stand-alone unit with CD burner would be nice, but if needed I could USB it to my PC for burning.
    A minimum of downtime tweaking is a priority. TIA.

5. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

If I buy a stand-alone unit, I'll probably go with the Tascam 2488. Huge bang for the buck.

6. Rockin J

Rockin J Member

I'm thinking about a 1600 myself. A few guy's around here have put up some excelent clips with the Boss recorders. They seem to have features that some of the others like Yamaha and Korg don't. Like built in drums. I don't know much about the different brands myself but a guy I know told me the Boss stuff is easy to operate if your not interested in a high tech learning curve, which I'm not. Easy operation would be a big plus with me. I don't know which brand would be the easiest to get along with. Anyone ?