• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Boss 200 series, the new stomboxes?

HesNot

Silver Supporting Member
Well I already have a DD500 and MD500 - both bought used in the same ballpark as the 200 series new...

Still these could be a real hit if the algorithms are the same as the 500 series but with fewer tweak options...

gonzoknife

My 2 cents....

Really interested in the EQ. I’d love to have a pre-eq for tone shaping and a post eq to make overall tweaks for the room. This pedal could do that in a nice format at a reasonable price.

I have a DD-500 I got for $100 so no need for the DD-200. I have learned I like a display for a delay with presets. Otherwise I forget which preset is what. That’s a personal issue.

The OD-200 looks interesting but it will really depend on the sound and feel.

My least favorite is the MD-200. I had the MD-500 but wasn’t impressed. The choruses were good, especially the Dimension. Most of the other effects were middle of the road. Not bad but nothing special. The MD-200 doesn’t have the Dimension (understandably because it would kill the Waza sales) which would be the compelling reason to buy it. The Wampler Terraform should be in the same price range (maybe a tad more) and looks to have better sounds.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
all digital, it seems?
are any of ‘em analog signal path/digital controls?

TaoInMotion

That EQ pedal is absolutely killer. Can't wait to get it. MIDI control, I would assume, allows more than 4 saved settings, right?

PaisleyWookie

Well I already have a DD500 and MD500 - both bought used in the same ballpark as the 200 series new...

Still these could be a real hit if the algorithms are the same as the 500 series but with fewer tweak options...
They are the same engine as the 500.

all digital, it seems?
are any of ‘em analog signal path/digital controls?
i will be enthusiastic, if the EQ is analog & sounds great!
Analog dry-through, but otherwise digital.

Moe45673

i will be enthusiastic, if the EQ is analog & sounds great!
Analog dry-through, but otherwise digital.
My EQ-20, I set the "manual" setting as my default and the memory setting as whatever special sauce the song needed (eg a lead boost). I could switch between them at will.

An eq pedal with switchable banks should ALWAYS be on. You can always improve your signal :D

Trending Topics