1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boss AD10...any users?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by lenster, Apr 15, 2018.

1. lenster

lenster Member

Hi guys,
    Haven't been on TGP for quite a while, but, as always when i'm after useful info i come here.
    Most of my gigs these days are solo acoustic gigs, with just a stomp box and a vocal Harmony pedal.
    I've recently acquired the Boss AD10 acoustic preamp. This has replaced my TC Helicon Acoustic Play.
    Admittedly, i haven't had too much time to go deep into the pedal, but do think its sounds good.
    What i have noticed in the short term is I'm struggle to get that "thump" from my right hand when hitting the saddle. and creating percussive passages on the body. Are there any users here or does anyone know of a Boss Forum that may be able to assist?
    Cheers
    Len

2. Justin Hitchborn

Justin Hitchborn Supporting Member

The Acoustic Guitar forum has a bit more traffic regarding this unit.

Are you sure the low cut isn't engaged? Is the comp type you've chosen too aggressive?

lenster likes this.
  3. JimiboyB

JimiboyB Member

What mode are you playing in? I'd stay out of the presets, and out of stomp mode, probably, and play with your input and output levels. Make sure your input is going orange when you're palm muting and turn back your feedback suppressor and compression. If you play around with those settings, you'll be able to isolate the one that makes the biggest impact on what you're trying to accomplish. I think Justin's idea of checking your low cut filter is a good idea, too.

lenster likes this.
  4. lenster

lenster Member

Thank for the comments. I'm sure i will resolve the issue. Just need a solid day with it. I'm aware of most of the hidden sub menus for tweaking so i'll go down those areas + suggestions as mentioned.

5. philamag87

philamag87 Silver Supporting Member

I tried tapping on the body of my D35 when plugged into my AD-10 and the taps were very faint. I thought it might be a setting issue but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.