• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Boss BE-5M Multi-Effects - did you have one (or still do?)

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Did anyone else have one of these Boss BE-5M back in the early 90s? I traded a single pedal of some sort (forget which) for this thing. I used it for quite a while. Wish I still had it just so I could revisit and see if it was any good, but I'm thinking maybe it was not. Not looking to get one, but just posting for the sake of nostalgia and to see if this was ever in anyone else's rig at one point or another.

Boss BE-5M.jpg

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
IIRC the 5 series were all analog except the delay and reverb. So you had a DD3 (probably small chip), an OD1, a CS1 and a CE2 in a box for almost no investment!

Alejandro

Gold Supporting Member
I am planning to get one, I love vintage multifx
Already have and jam with Boss ME-5, Yamaha GW33, Ibanez PT-5 and Ibanez PUE5 Tube. All of them have analog OD/DIST

musicman1

I remember the blue be5. Never knew there was a programable version. Once in a while the old one comes up on CL but they always ask too much for them. Id never pay more than 35-40 bux for one. You can find me50s or 70s for 100-175.

blaster

I had one and used for years playing live along with the loop feature that enabled me to use some a few ODs. The issue that these units had was the foot switches went bad but were easy to fix.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I had one and used for years playing live along with the loop feature that enabled me to use some a few ODs. The issue that these units had was the foot switches went bad but were easy to fix.
I do remember the footswitches being pretty squishy feeling.

Trending Topics