• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boss BF-2 Flanger mods?

jdandry

Hi, I just got a old Boss Flanger and wanted to know if there are any mods
to make it better sounding? Thanks!!

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
Mine is fine just the way it is. It's a vintage, sought-after pedal: don't muck with it!

methenyesque

Mine's a vintage MIJ and it's killer. You just need to dial in the right settings. You can get some great warm tones from it.

KRosser

I wouldn't mess with it either...I think it sounds fantastic and is still pretty affordable...a real sleeper of the pedal world...

When you ask about mods, what are looking for it to do that it doesn't already?

AshlandBump

Agree with all the above -- you could always get a mini-true bypass looper if you're concerned about the bypass. Would be cheaper than having the pedal modified.

starfish

Leave it alone. Check calibration if it doesn't sound right. Most of the MIJ Boss pedals are sleepers. Collect them now.

SG-GUY 92'

Instead of starting a new thread about this, I bought a BF2 a while back(MIT) and i thought that it was broke...let me explain, when turned on there is this loud background flanging static feedback sound when the pedal is engaged. Its very annoying. Just recently I reading some threads about the internal trim pots and wondered if tweaking the one labeled RES would fix this problem. I read that the other two were not good to tweak, but knowing the jacka** that I bought this from he probably experimented...so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
When you ask about mods, what are looking for it to do that it doesn't already?
I'm looking for it to do what it does already, but without the n-o-i-s-e!

If I could do just one mod (a couple caps, a resistor, whatever, minimum mod necessary) to get rid of most or all of the noise, what would that mod be?

Tibbonds

I've noticed these becoming more popular recently. You can still pick up a great condition MIJ version on ebay for £50 or so.

How do they compare to an Electric Mistress?

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I think I am doing the PedalHackers mod or Wampler on mine to warm it up and round it out. Sounds a bit metallic now....and boxy.

fazen

Silver Supporting Member
Instead of starting a new thread about this, I bought a BF2 a while back(MIT) and i thought that it was broke...let me explain, when turned on there is this loud background flanging static feedback sound when the pedal is engaged. Its very annoying. Just recently I reading some threads about the internal trim pots and wondered if tweaking the one labeled RES would fix this problem. I read that the other two were not good to tweak, but knowing the jacka** that I bought this from he probably experimented...so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!
I think I have the same problem. Is there somewhere I could send it to make sure the trimpots set correctly?

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
Dont send it anywhere, send it to your table, open it up and set the trim pots yourself the way you like them. The way they sound best to you is the only "set correctly" there is with those pots.

I did the Pedalhackers mod, very impressed. :JAM

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
What do the internal trim pots do???? What do they effect?

I am getting the PedalHackers mod.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Mine sounds pretty good so I am not messing with the pots but I am getting the pedalhackers mod.

Is an 80s BF-2...analog?

Trending Topics