1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Boss CE-1 vs. Deluxe Memory Man

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kidcheesyriffs, Sep 12, 2008.

1. kidcheesyriffs

kidcheesyriffs Member

Will the chorus / vibrato on a Deluxe Man make a Boss CE-1 chorus / vibrato unnecessary?

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

No, no really...the DMM chorus/vib can't be used w/o the delay...

3. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

Not if you put the delay time on zero

4. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

I don't think that's exactly true. You can set up the DMM as a chorus. Seems a bit of a waste to me though...I think I saw somewhere that's how Eric Johnson runs his -- as a chorus not as a delay?

I tried it like that but didn't like it as much as the TC-SCM or the Dimension-C (jfromel's Lush now though :D).

Switch to CHORUS / Short delay / blend in the middle / feedback high will do it.

But to the OP, you have a CE-1? Don't see many of those around. I wouldn't think the DMM chorus could replace that...

5. jstone

jstone Member

The CE-1 is just great. Can't be replaced.

6. Digitalman

Digitalman Member

7. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

IIRC the RATE is FIXED on the DMM Vib and Chorus, so it will do those sounds, but not be as versatile.

8. eknapier

eknapier Member

Unless you get it modded to have a "Rate" knob. Howard Davis offers this mod...and inserts a new modulation circuit (leslie) for even more sonic possibilities.

9. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

very true. also very expensive.