• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boss CE-2 alternative, BYOC clone? Joyo clone? other ?

DanHorse

Im looking for a CE-2 Chorus alike, with TB, anyone have experiances of the BYOC or Joyo? how they compare?

OR is there another not too pricey alternative?

rotini

I almost pulled the trigger on a Biyang Chorus just recently - but couldn't find too much information on it. The reviews all looked suspiciously staged. But, if it really is what people claim it to be, it looks like it's a pretty good deal. Maybe worth looking into.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Kit Rae says the CD-2B bass chorus with an easy mod is the exact same circuit and you have a mix knob to boot! I've been shopping for them. I see em on eBay sell for $60 at times

Goldwing

The CE-2b mod its quite easy. A friend of mine did it in only 5 minutes. YOu just need to change one cap.

DanHorse

I prefer a true bypass as i have several buffered pedals and want to reduce buffers in my signal.

I take it the BYOC isnt as the poor clips on youtube make it sound!

dave_mc

the tonerider one is pretty nice. not sure if it's a clone or lightly modded. I prefer it to the joyo version (which is pretty nice for the money, just the tonerider is nicer). EDIT: just to clarify, i haven't actually tried an original ce2. Just going by my ears, since you mentioned the joyo and asked what else there was which was comparable for a decent price.

cj_wattage

I've built a couple BYOC CE-2 clones. One of them is one of the few pedals I've kept on my board for more than a year. It sounds excellent.

SeicheNZ

Agree do disagree. I think it's the best chorus I've ever heard, personally.

The BYOC clone is DAMN close.
my bad, i've confused it with the ch-1 or ce-5 (don't remember they look the same), i've had one of those at one time and it was horribly bland. sorry about that. :facepalm

Trending Topics