Boss CE-2 alternative, BYOC clone? Joyo clone? other ?

DanHorse

Im looking for a CE-2 Chorus alike, with TB, anyone have experiances of the BYOC or Joyo? how they compare?

OR is there another not too pricey alternative?

rotini

I almost pulled the trigger on a Biyang Chorus just recently - but couldn't find too much information on it. The reviews all looked suspiciously staged. But, if it really is what people claim it to be, it looks like it's a pretty good deal. Maybe worth looking into.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
Kit Rae says the CD-2B bass chorus with an easy mod is the exact same circuit and you have a mix knob to boot! I've been shopping for them. I see em on eBay sell for $60 at times

Goldwing

The CE-2b mod its quite easy. A friend of mine did it in only 5 minutes. YOu just need to change one cap.

DanHorse

I prefer a true bypass as i have several buffered pedals and want to reduce buffers in my signal.

I take it the BYOC isnt as the poor clips on youtube make it sound!

dave_mc

the tonerider one is pretty nice. not sure if it's a clone or lightly modded. I prefer it to the joyo version (which is pretty nice for the money, just the tonerider is nicer). EDIT: just to clarify, i haven't actually tried an original ce2. Just going by my ears, since you mentioned the joyo and asked what else there was which was comparable for a decent price.

cj_wattage

Silver Supporting Member
I've built a couple BYOC CE-2 clones. One of them is one of the few pedals I've kept on my board for more than a year. It sounds excellent.

SeicheNZ

Agree do disagree. I think it's the best chorus I've ever heard, personally.

The BYOC clone is DAMN close.
my bad, i've confused it with the ch-1 or ce-5 (don't remember they look the same), i've had one of those at one time and it was horribly bland. sorry about that. :facepalm

Trending Topics

Top Bottom