1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Boss CE-2 alternative, BYOC clone? Joyo clone? other ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DanHorse, Feb 2, 2012.

1. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

Im looking for a CE-2 Chorus alike, with TB, anyone have experiances of the BYOC or Joyo? how they compare?

OR is there another not too pricey alternative?

2. rotini

rotini Member

I almost pulled the trigger on a Biyang Chorus just recently - but couldn't find too much information on it. The reviews all looked suspiciously staged. But, if it really is what people claim it to be, it looks like it's a pretty good deal. Maybe worth looking into.

3. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Kit Rae says the CD-2B bass chorus with an easy mod is the exact same circuit and you have a mix knob to boot! I've been shopping for them. I see em on eBay sell for $60 at times

4. BrettMS

BrettMS Member

Just how easy is the mod?

5. SeicheNZ

SeicheNZ Member

why? boss ce-2 sounds really bad and bland.

6. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

Agree do disagree. I think it's the best chorus I've ever heard, personally.

The BYOC clone is DAMN close.

7. Goldwing

Goldwing Member

The CE-2b mod its quite easy. A friend of mine did it in only 5 minutes. YOu just need to change one cap.

8. DanHorse

DanHorse Member

I prefer a true bypass as i have several buffered pedals and want to reduce buffers in my signal.

I take it the BYOC isnt as the poor clips on youtube make it sound!

9. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

10. dave_mc

dave_mc Member

the tonerider one is pretty nice. not sure if it's a clone or lightly modded. I prefer it to the joyo version (which is pretty nice for the money, just the tonerider is nicer). EDIT: just to clarify, i haven't actually tried an original ce2. Just going by my ears, since you mentioned the joyo and asked what else there was which was comparable for a decent price.

11. cj_wattage

cj_wattage Vendor

I've built a couple BYOC CE-2 clones. One of them is one of the few pedals I've kept on my board for more than a year. It sounds excellent.

12. SeicheNZ

SeicheNZ Member

my bad, i've confused it with the ch-1 or ce-5 (don't remember they look the same), i've had one of those at one time and it was horribly bland. sorry about that. :facepalm