Boss CE-2 chorus types? Who makes these?

Barnzy

Silver Supporting Member
I love analog Boss chorus, especially the CE-2. But most of the CE-2 pedals I see for sale are in rough shape and seem too overpriced. Is any builder making a modern version similar to this circuit?
Thanks,
Barnzy

Vibrolucky

Gold Supporting Member
You can find an original Boss CE-2 for $150 on Ebay, or here in the emporium for that matter. Analogman Chorus is a just choice also, built like a tank and has true bypass.

Altgtr33

I'm pretty sure that the EH Small Clone is a CE-2 type circuit(though IDK that for sure?). I remember asking someone on EHX's website (years before they re-issued the small clone) and they told me the closest sounding chorus pedal would be a Boss ce-2. I had a ce-2 on my board for over 10 years but, when EH started making the neo clone.........well, I just dig the small clone's chorus sound more than the ce-2.

Ben---------Altgtr33

Richard P

My favorite CE-2 clone (and I've owned a CE-2, as well) is the Mooer Ensemble King. Very nice tone, plus mix knob that makes it more versatile. At this point, clearly my favorite analog chorus!

Coldacre

I love analog Boss chorus, especially the CE-2. But most of the CE-2 pedals I see for sale are in rough shape and seem too overpriced. Is any builder making a modern version similar to this circuit?
Thanks,
Barnzy
grab an Ibanez CS-9

thewordking

There are a couple options but your best bet is to grab a green label CE2 for $100. Next best options would be the BYOC Analog chorus, Mooer or the Corona and download the dimension C Toneprint. I thought the dim c toneprint actually came much closer to my ce2 than the ce2 toneprint. Oh and the Analogman chorus is phenomenal but it's a different sound for sure.

tommygunn1986

The Malekko Omcrion chorus is a CE2 circuit and contains the MN3007 BBC. I have one as well as a CE-2 (MN3007) and they sound the same. I actually thought the Malekko even had a bit more range with the depth. I've actually had my Malekko up on CL for a while now but I guess nobody's looking for chorus in my area right now. Trying to get some money to buy a Soul Food.

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Both the DOD FX60 and 65 were essentially the same as CE-2s.

Current production, the Providence Anadime and Jam Waterfall are both CE-2 clones. I've got an Anadime, and it's a really nice chorus. No weird EQ or volume issues, which I had with both of the DODs listed above.

mcnabbanov

You want the Analogman Chorus
analogman is based on the EHX small clone iirc.

as a boss chorus aficionado i can tell you that the CE-5 can get you the same sounds as the ce-2 can when set properly. I've tested them side by side. ce-5 has much more depth and higher rate on tap, so keep those down and you've got a ce-2 essentially. make sure you go for the analog (pre 2001) version though.

CE-3 can be found cheap and nail the same tones, albeit a little more 'metallic-y'.

boss CE-2b is the ugly brown bass version of the CE-2 but it is pretty much identical to the ce-2 and can be found for like $40. adds a level knob too

Trending Topics