• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

BOSS CE-20 & RT-20, wow!

green_henry

Gold Supporting Member
I have not heard the RT-20 live in-person, but I've seen some videos where it really sounds amazing. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention in the "vibe" threads, but I would guess that the visualization is too cheesy for most and the form factor is too large (which is true for most of the Boss double-wides). Great sound but maybe a case where simpler would be better?

7thString

I have not heard the RT-20 live in-person, but I've seen some videos where it really sounds amazing. I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention in the "vibe" threads, but I would guess that the visualization is too cheesy for most and the form factor is too large (which is true for most of the Boss double-wides). Great sound but maybe a case where simpler would be better?
Yeh they could easily put the RT-20 in a standard size using concentric knobs (like the metal zone et al), ditch the digital overdrive function and it would work in the standard 4-knob format; Mode, rise time, slow speed / fast speed concentric, effect / direct mix & balance concentric, external tap tempo jack. Think it would sell brilliantly - I'm happy to accept a digital uni-vibe if it has a solid leslie mode onboard like the RT-20 does.

Trending Topics