1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

boss ce-20 who's using it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheRealDeal, Jan 18, 2015.

1. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

I found a ce20 for $79 wondering if that is good deal and what they sound like. Anyone using them?

2. John H

John H Silver Supporting Member

I had one, a few years ago, and thought it was a great pedal. Lots of options.

3. ERGExplorer

ERGExplorer Member

It can nail the CE-1 and Dimension-D, and each of those cost substantially more and get a lot of love.

4. sputnikshell

sputnikshell Member

I almost bought one one time. Instead I bought a used Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus for $60 and the rest is history. Still the Dimensional-D mode on the CE-20 is totally worth getting the CE-20 for. That is the only mode I wish the CR-7 had that it does not, even though I am satisfied with the CR-7.

5. Nevil Bamshoot

Nevil Bamshoot Member

I had one of these for a few years. I found it to be really, really nice for recording and bedroom-level playing. Then when I started doing gigs with it, it seemed like whenever it was on, it just dropped out unless I cranked the mix, but then I would barely hear the effect itself, just increased treble and din. Maybe one of the other pedals I had at the time was interacting badly with it, I don't know. I sold it at the time because of lack of room and need for pedalboard space. But now that I have more room, I might pick one up again. It does have some lovely sounds in it. $79 is a fine price for one.

6. scotty31

scotty31 Supporting Member

worth it for the CE1 mode on its own.

7. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

ThanIs guys for the responses. Looks like I missed my opportunity as it was sold last night. I should have just grabbed it but oh well live and learn. Seemed like a solid piece I'll have to keep the hunt on

8. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

I've owned it twice. The second one didn't sound as good as the first, for some reason.

The only modes I used were Standard, Dimension and CE-1.
    Mode II on the Dimension setting was awesome for an almost slow flange-like chorus. (not comparing it to an Electric Mistress) Played nice with dirt pedals too. A big plus was the EQ and volume controls, something sorely lacking on a lot of chorus units. Seems odd that Boss hasn't had something to replace the CE-5; about time, I think.

Cool that you could save presets, but just too big and didn't need it after I build my CS-505 clone.