Boss CE-2W

tommygunn1986

This may have been asked but I couldn't find it. Does the Waza CE-2 have the MN3007 chip? I currently have an early MIT CE-2 that has that chip. Thinking about replacing it because of the added features...

msnes335

Silver Supporting Member
This may have been asked but I couldn't find it. Does the Waza CE-2 have the MN3007 chip? I currently have an early MIT CE-2 that has that chip. Thinking about replacing it because of the added features...

Doubt it, I think they use newly made Cool Audio chips. Doesn't the MN indicate the old Matsushita/Panasonic chips?

ummohyeah

Doubt it, I think they use newly made Cool Audio chips. Doesn't the MN indicate the old Matsushita/Panasonic chips?

I'd guess it's the Coolaudio 3207. I don't think Panasonic ever ran back into the 3007 biz.

I had a CE-2W and will get another one soon probably, and it was great, but I never bothered to look inside it to see if you could tell...

S. S. Bender

For what this information is worth, the Retro Sonic Analog Delay I owned for many years had Cool Audio chips, and it could easily be made to sound exactly like a vintage DM-2. The tone control for the delay repeats, and the foot-switch for longer available delay time were nice additional bonus features.

Unadan

What happened to your first CE-2W? Did it walk out on you?

I'd guess it's the Coolaudio 3207. I don't think Panasonic ever ran back into the 3007 biz.

I had a CE-2W and will get another one soon probably, and it was great, but I never bothered to look inside it to see if you could tell...

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
It doesn't have that chip but it does sound very good. I still prefer my vintage CE-2 but the waza will be a workhorse for me and I'll reserve the CE-2 for recording or have Mr. Cornish make it into a Stereo Super Chorus.

LouRossi

If anyone has had a chance to 'open the hood' of the Waza would it be possible to increase the LFO speed of the chorus modes? ie. keeley mod etc...

Jose Eduardo

If anyone has had a chance to 'open the hood' of the Waza would it be possible to increase the LFO speed of the chorus modes? ie. keeley mod etc...
Do you mean adjustable trim pots? I don't think I saw any trim pots inside... or at least, what I think are trimpots.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom