Boss CE2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by inscho, Jul 7, 2006.

1. inscho

inscho Senior Member

what do you think about them? is the green or black label japan more desireable? and how much do they normally go for?

I am just wondering because I was offered a trade, my jekyll and hyde for their mij green label ce2, and wanted to know if it was a good deal...

thanks

2. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

The black label with the metal battery cover screw is the most desirable.

I had a MIJ green label. I didn't like it. It just wasn't what I was looking for. I paid $100 for it, and that was definately on the high side, but it was in almost perfect condition.

3. inscho

inscho Senior Member

how long ago was this?

4. Scott Cioe

Scott Cioe Member

No matter which version, the CE-2 is a good chorus; but it really shines with the Robert Keeley speedy mod. I have this on one and love it.

5. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Like scott says, it's a good chorus...a classic. I've had MIJ and Taiwanese, and could not tell a significant difference. I'd get a tai cheap and let Keeley do his thing.
    Greg

6. enickma

enickma Member

Perfect advice. My keeley modded taiwan ce-2 kills my friends unmodded japan ce-2

7. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

Last year.

8. ryanspeer

ryanspeer Member

I've owned/worked on quite a few different green and black label black-screw CE-2's and have a hard time noticing much if any difference between then. Granted, I'm playing/testing them in my shop and not in some venue with a great PA system or great acoustics to really hear an amp in.

I recently acquired a silver-screw CE-2 and haven't had much of a chance to compare it side-by-side with a black-screw black label (MIJ) CE-2, but will try to post my thoughts when I get a chance to do so this week.

I primarily play acoustic right now and actually didn't even LIKE the CE-2 with an acoustic at first. I used to own/use a CE-5 which I was really fond of and the CE-5 always seemed to win out in my book. Maybe it's just a phase I'm going through right now, but the CE-2's do sound much richer to me now. I really dig 'em.