• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Boss DD-5 and Dotted Eight delay

CrunchTone78

Heard that DD-5 can do the dotted eight delay things...

Does it do it with external tap tempo or does it have the option on it..?

thanks,
felix

guitarnyc

Same here...I couldn't live without having that pedal and the external tap tempo...dotted 1/8th note on the DD-5 is how my DD-5 is always set up !

Maven

Gold Supporting Member
Yep, this is the best set up for the dotted 1/8th thing IMO. I dedicate the DD-5 w/ the tap tempo for this effect, a T Rex Replica for echo and a Carbon Copy for slapback.

bulbasaur_85

yep, set it to mode 9, and tap the beat. You'll get the dotted eighth the easiest with the foot switch.

CrunchTone78

Any comparison with DD-20 or DD-7 in that matter...?

trying to buy a good delay, but need the dotted eight - helps a lot since I'm the only guitarist in the group.

guitarnyc

Any comparison with DD-20 or DD-7 in that matter...?

trying to buy a good delay, but need the dotted eight - helps a lot since I'm the only guitarist in the group.

I'm actually very curious about the comparison between the DD-5 and DD-7...I know someday my DD-5 will go and I'll be faced with hunting down another DD-5 or buying a new DD-7...anyone tested the waters with them both ?

Again I use my DD-5 with the ext tap solely for dotted 1/8ths

addisonnyle

Silver Supporting Member
Hey guys! The DD5 (although I've never owned) seems to be the least feature fantastic of the group, but honestly, in my eyes, it's the one with the most character, and warmest I've heard. I have had the DD7 and DD20 at the same time. The DD7 has a great looper, while the DD20... well, we won't talk about that : )...

Anywho, the DD7 is just a small footprint version of the DD20, without the digital screen, and has a few less delay sound options. That's a quick overview of those two, I love them both, and would like either a DD7 again, or DD5, but you never know. I've heard it say that the DD7 is a glorified version of the DD5, but I couldn't tell you if it's true or not. Hope that helps! God bless!

CrunchTone78

Got my tap tempo the other day - tried it out with the DD-5.

As what we've been discussing here - getting the dotted eight - what setting do you guys use (i.e. e. level, feedback, d. time)...

thanks in advance...

sodapopinski

i LOVE my DD-5's, i own 3 of them... i recently purchased a DD-7 and thought that i would replace my DD-5's with the newer 7's. Well after about 2 days with the DD-7 i ended up putting it up for sale on the emporium.
While i enjoyed the analog and modulation modes i just had a hard time dialing in the sounds i wanted. I guess it just wasnt for me, but live and learn. You will never know umless you try it out for yourself.

guitarnyc

Got my tap tempo the other day - tried it out with the DD-5.

As what we've been discussing here - getting the dotted eight - what setting do you guys use (i.e. e. level, feedback, d. time)...

thanks in advance...
start with everything at noon...I think setting 9 is the dotted 1/8th note setting...maybe roll back the feedback knob to 10 o'clock and push the E.Level knob to 1 o'clock for another nice setting...Those settings will you get you started on your U2 sound :)

crambone

Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone else care to share their DD-5 settings for dotted eighth? I had mine dialed-in and when I moved pedals around I lost it.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
The DD-7 has a smoother and warmer sound to its digital engine tone than the DD-5. The DD-5 sounds more percussive, dryer and more pristine (read: bright). The DD-5 was way better for me for what I wanted, which was a string dotted 1/8 sound with high clarity / brightness and a percussive nature in the repeats.

That's my opinion.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone else care to share their DD-5 settings for dotted eighth? I had mine dialed-in and when I moved pedals around I lost it.
Level: 1:15
Repeats: 9:00

.1/8 mode with external tap plugged in (T1M mini)

ilyslue2

i LOVE my DD-5's, i own 3 of them... i recently purchased a DD-7 and thought that i would replace my DD-5's with the newer 7's. Well after about 2 days with the DD-7 i ended up putting it up for sale on the emporium.
While i enjoyed the analog and modulation modes i just had a hard time dialing in the sounds i wanted. I guess it just wasnt for me, but live and learn. You will never know umless you try it out for yourself.
+1
I also had both the dd-5 and the dd-7 on the same pedalboard.....The dd-5 is way ahead on the dotted eight. I think the main difference is that the dd-5 register 4 taps on the tap pedal before it adjust the tempo. The dd-7 and nearly all other delay pedals I have used, register 2 taps. This make for much better timing. Also the dd-5 have a certain swing to its rythm that I have not found in any other delay pedal. They are perfect in my mind....

Trending Topics