Boss Dd-500 : How To... Stutter ! Glitch ! Hold ! Help...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Odieux Fonzie, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Odieux Fonzie

Odieux Fonzie Member

Hi !
    Hello to every Boss DD-500 experts... This days I'm really into this kind of sounds, and I'm trying to figure out the most practical way to achieve it.

Is it possible to program/configure the Boss DD-500 so that each footswitch behaves like a Boss DD3 in HOLD mode ?

It would be great because I could have three stutter effects at three different delay times.
    Can ALL the footswitches act as momentary switch ? Or only the 3rd one ?

What I can do now (which doesn't satisfy me) is to have a delay patch engaged, and then programm the 3rd footswitch to hold infinite delay when I put my foot on it. It's cool, but I want to go from dry sound to the stutter effect, not from a "normal" delay sound to the crazy stuff...

Can someone help me with that ?

Thank you !!

2. Morgancograve

Morgancograve Member

Yes. I love using the hold feature on my dd500.
    Go into the control menu and change the Tap/CTL mode to HOLD.

Using the looper also makes some cool glitch effects.

3. Odieux Fonzie

Odieux Fonzie Member

Thank you, but I know that. There's 3 footswitch on the DD500. I basically want everyone of them to create a different stutter, if possible when I keep my foot on. Is this possible ?

4. Morgancograve

Morgancograve Member

I don’t think you can change the A/B footswitches to a hold.

You could set them to momentary and just use a really messed up glitchy patch.

Another alternative would be adding a footswitch the the CTL2 jack and using that as another hold.

5. Mattaraja

Mattaraja Member

You can go to edit->assign and set a src to wave pedal (internal LFO) and have it trg delay time of maybe a pattern delay, or shimmer with another wave pedal assigned to freq out the pitch. Set the direct to 0, and it’s off to the races.