Boss DD-7 A/B'd with DD-5 demo / clip

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Craig Walker, May 3, 2008.

1. Craig Walker

Craig Walker WHO DAT!! Gold Supporting Member

Clip

Sat down and A/B'd the new DD-7 vs my old DD-5.

DD-7 wins hands down, IMO.

Started out just letting notes trail off, so you can hear how notes decay. DD-7 is more musical and natural, to my ear. DD-5 has rougher top-end bite to repeats. The DD7 compares very favorably to my Analogman delay, which was my standard for delay tone. [and still is]

Went to Reverse mode next. DD7 wins, due to ability to remove the original note from the signal completely.

Played around with DD7's modulation mode. Excuse my playing; I was literally winging it and hearing the pedal for the first time as I played/recorded. One part has an oscillation that goes 'over the top' but I left it in, because I know people are interested in the spaceship sounds....

I've got another one ordered. :)

:dude

2. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Great clip comparisons! Thanks for taking the time to knock these out :AOK

3. Craig Walker

4. dahn8

dahn8 Member

Thanks for the clips! I'm seriously thinking about picking up a DD7 now..... :)

5. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

This may be the first boss pedal I buy in a long time....... I have the TC vintage which will never go anywhere, but now I am torn between this or waiting for another used T-rex or TC vintage to pop up.......

The small foot print is appealing, but if I were to get it modded by mike, I'd consider getting his analog delay instead, or perhaps TC, T-REX or maybe even an eventide.... although I tried the eventide and it was a little out of control for me....

6. Jwoo

Jwoo Member

thanks for recording that! I was wondering how a DD7 sounded. Those modulation effects are cool, what kinds are they?

I think I like the DD5 more though. There's some kind of chunkiness in the sound of the repeats on the DD7. The DD20 also has that chunkiness.

7. Craig Walker

There's just one modulation "setting". The variations in sound in the clip are just me moving the level, feedback, and time controls.

8. natejens

natejens Guest

I've been waiting to hear some nice clips of the DD-7. Thanks for the comparison and the time. Now I just need to decide whether to get one or an EHX Stereo Memory Man.