Boss DD-7 question

Otto Tune

First, I read the manual and still could use some experienced opinions.

Here's my dilemma. I have a very small pedal board, and want to try "stereo".:jo
I have three stereo pedals, a chorus, a reverb, and last in the chain, the Boss DD-7 delay.
Unfortunately, the wizards at Boss decided to put input A BELOW input B, which means the two cables coming from the next to last pedal have to cross each other in a small space. Easy if I let them stick straight up, but that's not practical. I now own a bag of very nice, expensive 6" cables and none will do what I want.:bkw
So, here's the question:
Can I plug the output A from the reverb pedal into input B of the Boss DD-7? And then take output B of the reverb into input A of the Boss?:dunno
(That keeps the cables straight and the connectors wouldn't clash. Boss has the procedure for turning on Stereo which involves plugging in while the power is off. So it's not something one can do with the pedal Velcro'd down.)

Has anyone done this? Or run the Boss pedals in stereo? Can I then return to a single amp by just unplugging Amp 2 from B? A? or do I need to repower the Boss with the jack out?:thud

Last edited:

stinkfoot

As long as you use both inputs, the pedal will run stereo in/out and behave the same way as if you'd been able to cross the cables. If keeping the stereo image is important (for instance if you have an effect only on the left side, and want to make sure it always ends up in the same amp), you will need to make sure you keep track of the outputs (even though the delay may vary across the outputs, the dry signal present at input A will end up at output A). But that's the only caveat, and it only matters if it matters to you - the pedal won't know if the signal present at input A is left or right to you.

Otto Tune

Good deal!
The pedal turns on when either of A or B is plugged in.
I guess to return to mono, I'd just have to power it down, then reconnect it without pressing the pedal? I won't always use two amps.

BTW if anyone else reads this, whoever taught me that using a spatula as a pedal removal tool is a genius.:bow

I also, being OCD about wiring and alignment, discovered that if I put the pedal on a 3 x 5 card, and positioned it perfectly, then slid the card out, I didn't have to fight the Velcro to remount the pedal.:idea

Trending Topics

Top Bottom