• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Boss DD20....does anyone else use it for a Leslie tone?

radcliff

I think I could fool you into thinking this thing is an actual Leslie type Chorus pedal:):)

Mod Setting
Tone at Noon
Level at 3oclock
Feedback off
Time at 5ms
Rate at 90
Depth at 100

:AOK

uberschall

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I have one of my presets set to a Leslie-sim. I don't have a modulation pedal at the moment, so it really helps out, and sounds pretty good.

tinkercity

Silver Supporting Member
You just made me very happy! Thanks so much for posting this! I've been looking for a leslie sim pedal, but don't really have the room for one and then I was looking for a square wave tremolo pedal that also could do a leslie sim to save on space....

Anyway, long story short...I can't wait to try this. By the way I absolutely love the DD-20!

Best,
Mike.

EdMan57

Darn...my DD-20 is still on backorder from MusicToyz...:worried :BITCH

Ed

p.s...it's only been a week...but still...:(

WienerDog

Silver Supporting Member
I tried this setting, but barely noticed any effect. Did I do something wrong??

procos

Gold Supporting Member
I think I could fool you into thinking this thing is an actual Leslie type Chorus pedal:):)

Mod Setting
Tone at Noon
Level at 3oclock
Feedback off
Time at 5ms
Rate at 90
Depth at 100

:AOK
Awesome. I was going to buy an Option 5 Destination Rotation but I don't need to now. That is the closest I have heard to a non Leslie pedal do a convincing Leslie sound. Perfect for the Government Mule tunes.

radcliff

It DOES do the Gov Mule sound well;)

The key is have the Rate Depth and Effect Level full up, you should hear a pretty convincing leslie tone:)

giggedy

sounds pretty good, i tried it with just the overdrive and compressor, sounds good. then I added an envelope filter and got some cool synthy sounds, better that just the filter alone. I think I'm going to keep that setting on my dd-20

Moe45673

My DD-20 is my chorus pedal :D I also sometimes use my PS-5 to do chorus

I've gotta try that leslie thing :BEER

jzguitar

Very cool! Thanks for sharing this! Stored it in my seldom used 4th program spot - can't wait to mess around with it live tomorrow.

zenfreud

So what about controlling the ramp down/up speed? Not to throw a wet blanket on the happy DD20 owner's club, but the ability to ride between the two speeds is where it's all at, for me anyway. Am I missing something?

Trending Topics